MAZUR's E30 S50 Turbo Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • surebimmer
    replied
    Looks good. I want to hear the exhaust! Good work.

    Leave a comment:


  • j.a.cadet
    replied
    wow man i wish i new how to do engine work...

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by SamE30e
    That's awesome! I'm excited to see it tuned.

    So you're running a full AEM stand alone or a biggy back?
    Standalone.

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    That's awesome! I'm excited to see it tuned.

    So you're running a full AEM stand alone or a biggy back?

    Leave a comment:


  • turbo325i
    replied
    Very nice Richard!

    Leave a comment:


  • project86
    replied
    Very nice setup and I like the DIY'ness of the project. You are inspiring me to get to work. Very excellent.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    It's alive!!! :bow:

    Can't wait to see tire ripping videos when you have that beast tuned! :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    Dammit dude your thread is making me all tingly inside. :D
    I seriously need to stop all the bs and start looking into turbocharging.

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Update:

    Got the exhaust fully done. Will post pics of it off the car when I paint it, but here it is on the car. I LOVE IT! The car is very quiet with this setup.




    Here are some engine bay shots. As of now, I feel like I may be the only one which has the compressor clocked in this fashion. I cannot point the outlet straight down due to my wastegate routing.





    This is my little wastegate dump tube. BTW, for all the people who complain about it being loud...puleez! Me being a noob thought it would sound like an N/A car with open headers :shifty. But no, it's a really just a cool whoosh sound and not that loud at all, lol


    You'll notice some droplets on the downpipe. That's oil. I was having an issue where after a couple minutes at idle I would start smoking some blue smoke out the tailpipes and oil residue coming out of the vband flanges. I called up Mitch and was told it's probably because of pressure building up in the crankcase, therefore shooting oil up my return line.

    Well, he was right. After removing my air compressor filter "catch can" deal, problem went away instantly and have had not one ounce of smoke since. I should have known that thing doesn't flow near well enough. Right now I just have the crankcase venting to atmosphere until I get something more legitimate.

    Frontal shot...looks stock, right? :devillook



    Driving Impressions:

    I have been driving it for several days now without any tuning, so that means I'm running super conservative timing (12* @ 140 kPa) and my AFR's are a pretty consistent 10.5:1. I chose to route my vacuum line to port C on my wastegate, (with soft spring installed and no pre-load) which set my max boost to 140kPa (5.8 psi).

    Even though I have not messed with boost or tuning, the car felt really quick. I love it! haha... It makes me very excited about the near future

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by booostit

    when you mean oem you mean the s52 wiring harness right?
    Well, M50/S50 wiring harness (I have an S50). You normally wouldn't use an S52 harness in an E30 since it's for OBDII.

    Leave a comment:


  • booostit
    replied
    I did not use a universal EMS.

    I used a box made to plug and play into a Honda (30-1050). So all I did was go to the junk yard and cut out the ECU connectors from a Honda Civic then wired the correct pins from the Honda connectors to the back of a DME male connector.

    Therefore, my OEM harness is untouched.[/QUOTE]

    when you mean oem you mean the s52 wiring harness right?

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    This goes out to the peeps who do not like my drain setup.


    This pic shows how the turbo kits out there have it set up. If this is good enough to work, I doubt I will have any trouble. FYI oil level when engine is running is above the oil pan gasket.

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by russiane30
    Hey can you post where you got the manifold material and which and how many of each pipes you used? im really bad at geometry and english (lol)
    I got the material at Verocious. I'll have to get back to you on the amount of material I used.

    Verocious Motorsports: Your one-stop shop for high-quality automotive parts and accessories. Explore our wide selection today!


    Originally posted by booostit
    did you cut and splice the stock wiring harness for the 24" universal wiring harness. or did you run a fresh one with the 72" inch harness?
    I did not use a universal EMS.

    I used a box made to plug and play into a Honda (30-1050). So all I did was go to the junk yard and cut out the ECU connectors from a Honda Civic then wired the correct pins from the Honda connectors to the back of a DME male connector.

    Therefore, my OEM harness is untouched.

    Leave a comment:


  • booostit
    replied
    did you cut and splice the stock wiring harness for the 24" universal wiring harness. or did you run a fresh one with the 72" inch harness?


    Find and buy aftermarket car performance parts of the highest standard at AEM Performance. We carry cam gears, gauges, modules, sensors, and more.

    Leave a comment:


  • russiane30
    replied
    Hey can you post where you got the manifold material and which and how many of each pipes you used? im really bad at geometry and english (lol)

    Leave a comment:

Working...