MAZUR's E30 S50 Turbo Build

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    Well, I already run 245's all around, but I'll worry about sticky tires when I am on the track :)
    Word I'm about to move up to 245s. Love the build man, mad respect. :D
    Last edited by e30polak; 07-20-2009, 06:07 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by WADE30
    So...I know we just finished my M50 swap....but you think you're ready to tackle on a turbo project for me too? Haha
    Umm...not really, haha.

    I thought you were planning on buying a kit anyway?


    Originally posted by Tchao
    Yah right...:-?
    +1

    Leave a comment:


  • Tchao
    replied
    Originally posted by WADE30
    Looks great Richard, I get to drive it when it's done!
    Yah right...:-?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    I'm not sure. But I won't be willing to make one until I learn how to TIG weld well. So get back to me after Christmas. :)
    I will need two now lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • WADE30
    replied
    So...I know we just finished my M50 swap....but you think you're ready to tackle on a turbo project for me too? Haha

    Looks great Richard, I get to drive it when it's done! I also expect a ride-along at PIR!

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    awesome... subscribed!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by mazur
    Well, think about it. These are my reasons:

    1. I have boost cut
    2. I have the AEM turn on my CEL at whatever pressure I want as another precaution
    3. If I really want to see what my boost threshold looks like I can just datalog it.

    I just don't see the need for it. I rather pay more attention to my wideband.;)
    If you think it makes sense, I'm glad. ;)

    Seems a boost gauge would be more important than a second coolant temp gauge.

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    "It's gonna be tight !!" :p

    Trashstache Deagle can weld, props to him.


    Nice build, keep us posted. :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    I can do the welding. I just need the pieces.

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    How much would you charge for a manifold like yours? I have been looking for a nice one and I am not sure the spa one will fit.
    I'm not sure. But I won't be willing to make one until I learn how to TIG weld well. So get back to me after Christmas. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    How much would you charge for a manifold like yours? I have been looking for a nice one and I am not sure the spa one will fit.

    Leave a comment:


  • mazur
    replied
    Originally posted by paulkeith
    i love when people wait a while to start a build thread so us junkies get a huge project fix all at once, haha

    sweet stuff.

    Not sure that painting the IC was a good idea....any idea what kind of affect that'll have on its heat transfer capability? I mean, I realize you used radiator paint which probably takes that into consideration, but since intercoolers are air/air they're already more sensitive to things like that. Thoughts?

    Paul
    The can it actually helps with heat transfer. Go figure..

    Originally posted by FredK
    Mitch = Mr Deagle? If so, I miss that fella.

    Sweet build.
    Yup, that's him. Thanks.
    Originally posted by MR 325
    Awesome thread, looking forward to updates.

    How could you not see a need for a boost gauge though, I don't understand that at all...
    Well, think about it. These are my reasons:

    1. I have boost cut
    2. I have the AEM turn on my CEL at whatever pressure I want as another precaution
    3. If I really want to see what my boost threshold looks like I can just datalog it.

    I just don't see the need for it. I rather pay more attention to my wideband.;)



    Originally posted by e30polak
    Planning on flaring and getting some beefy stickiness in the back???
    Well, I already run 245's all around, but I'll worry about sticky tires when I am on the track :)

    Leave a comment:


  • shiboujin
    replied
    Eh I doubt it'll stop up but I'd rather tap above the oil line.

    Leave a comment:


  • Tchao
    replied
    How is it gonna back up to the turbo!?! Lol
    It's a top mount... Last time I checked oil doesn't flow up. The volume in the hose length is much more then needed.

    Richard is part of the AZ crew, we don't fool around. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • lifeiskaos
    replied
    Originally posted by shiboujin

    Also, I do NOT like that oil drain at all. It'll back up into the turbo and coke up. Might not hurt now but might kill the turbo in the long run.
    ehh... it'll be fine

    although i agree the MLS should be dry

    Leave a comment:

Working...