MAZUR's E30 S50 Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post

edit: oh and by the way, im the bad driver that scared you in the twisties after bimmerfest ;)
    Don't worry, I didn't forget :D

Originally posted by turbo325i View Post
    Yes I do vinyl. Yes we will be doing something legit for Desert Boosted Bimmers, Or Boosted Desert Bimmers, or whatever were calling it... :D
    SWEET...:)

Comment

Boosted Bimmers West sounds better. You can call it BBWs for short.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

That's a pretty big turbo!! I have always liked your car man, now i like it even more. That drain setup looks bad ass too, pretty smart setup. Very nice work.

Cheers

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

Any sound clips of that exhaust? thanks

Comment

Where did you purchase your turbo from? How do you like it?

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
              Where did you purchase your turbo from? How do you like it?
              Got it from Mode, my friend's business. It's working great :)

I'll get a sound clip and video at some point, but it may be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
                Got it from Mode, my friend's business. It's working great :)

I'll get a sound clip and video at some point, but it may be a while.
                Do you have an address from him?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

very, very impressed. Looks fantastic

Comment

That looks like a blast! Nice work! Only thing I would change is that black hood... it would look a little more stock then!
                    Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Thanks guys!

Do you have an address from him?

He's a lot more active on E30tech under the name Noscoe30. Just send him a PM. His name is Mitch.

Here's their website - http://www.modeincparts.com/
                      Last edited by mazur; 08-21-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
                        Thanks guys!

He's a lot more active on E30tech under the name Noscoe30. Just send him a PM.

Here's their website - http://www.modeincparts.com/
                        Im not on e30tech because I couldnt get an acount. I will try emailing them though.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

dammmmm this is a fate build. very nice fab skills. i want to do a turbo build so bad. i don't even necessarily need to own the turbo. i just want to take part in the build.
                          sigpic
                          "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

UPDATE:

Several weeks ago my car developed a strange overheating problem. After boosting through a gear or two my car's temp gauge would steadily begin to rise. Once it would hit the 3/4 mark I would turn it off, coast for maybe ten seconds, turn the car back on and the temp would suddenly drop back to normal.

It would also do this when the engine was cold when taken for a drive. No boosting involved. Just slowly cruising and the temp would just keep rising until I did my shut off/turn back on procedure. Also, while this was happening, my aftermarket temp gauge would read cold (sensor placed at thermostat housing on opposite side of thermostat).

Well, after having coolant consumption and the coolant smelling like exhaust, it was decided I was leaking combustion into the coolant. The picture below shows the signs of where the combustion was leaking. Exhaust side on cyls. 3-6. The MLS itself looked fine...and looked even better in my trash can :) I am going back to the stock headgasket and will check the head for warpage.

When taking my head off I noticed I had a fair amount of oil residue in my intake ports. After a short investigation I realized my valve seals were leaking. I think I have less than 80k on the engine...is it normal for the seals to go bad that soon?

Anyways, bought new seals, so I made this simple tool to remove my valves.

As a note to everyone, USE CHEVRON (or Shell ;) ). Just look how clean my intake valves and ports are after so many miles. SPOTLESS!

And here are some pics of the head with my mani still attached.

Comment

That manifold looks great! Do you go to any of the meets? I want to see your car.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

That manifold looks great! Do you go to any of the meets? I want to see your car.
                                If I go, I only go to the Evo Motorsports meet.

Comment

Working...
                                X