Interest in s54/s62/etc. plug-n-play?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leo_328i
    replied
    Originally posted by hoveringuy
    I'd still like to run an S54 OBD1 on a 413 ECU.
    The question is whether or not the 413 is able to handle 8000rpm!

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    I'd still like to run an S54 OBD1 on a 413 ECU.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    I'm pretty sure the OP already said he wasn't going to do this guys.. Just FYI. This thread is pretty old. There are other plug and play options for the S54 though.

    Leave a comment:


  • bloodshot-e30
    replied
    oh shitttt i would deff be in on this if i ahd monies right now... hmmm i got some thinking to do :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Leo_328i
    replied
    I'd get a PnP kit for an E36 :)

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    If this becomes available, I will definitely consider it quite seriously.
    Already saving my money.

    Leave a comment:


  • bramon
    replied
    I know this is from a while ago, but any news on it?

    Leave a comment:


  • rightcoastbias
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeyBones
    this is awesome...by the time I am ready to swap this will hopefully be available...then I'll just need to sell my kidneys to get it.... anyone need a kidney?
    Very nice.

    Wow, just found this thread. Super interested in PnP S54. Subscribed.

    Leave a comment:


  • JoeyBones
    replied
    this is awesome...by the time I am ready to swap this will hopefully be available...then I'll just need to sell my kidneys to get it.... anyone need a kidney?

    Leave a comment:


  • 328ijunkie
    replied
    Interesting.......

    Leave a comment:


  • M3 euro ltw
    replied
    Cross Post, I know

    P&P is getting closer....

    Parts dropped off to CNC machine the DBW delete, just a matter of getting the first run done.

    To be honest, I'd like someone with some experience doing M50 swaps in terms of how to best do the cosmetics in terms of the best way to manage the wire harness to contact me via PM...

    I've seen Rui's work, and its beautiful. It looks like he retains the stock cosmetic E30M3 covers and zip ties the harness underneath, and it runs the dme wires/plug to the inside on the passenger side....

    Maybe I need an E30M3 harness to look at up close, or an E30 318 harness to examine up close to see how to best make the E30 P&P version of what I'm doing for E36's now.

    If someone has one I can borrow and send back after measuring distances and such, that might help..

    Anyway, here's a preview of an E36 OBD-II version:



    There's more on my website, but since this is a bit of a cross post, I don't want to waste bandwidth, but you get the idea...

    Maybe google image E30 harness will yield me some ideas on what we need for you guys... wiring up the C101 and the C104 is not the hard part, its getting the cosmetics and lengths right along with the extra coolant sensor for your clusters..

    Leave a comment:


  • Todd Black 88
    replied
    I am interested. I want to swap into my M3 as cleanly and smoothly as posible.

    Leave a comment:


  • M3 euro ltw
    replied
    The real deal

    Originally posted by hoveringuy
    413 doesn't do DBW, but it's not difficult to to build a small control circuit, particularly for the S54 which doesn't have the limp-home non-linearity in the throttle bodies.

    Or get a cable bell crank conversion for $150.
    Steve is the REAL deal when he talks about his skills in terms of designing and executing circuitry guys...

    I take a small issue with his suggesting that a bell crank for $150 will actually work in a fashion that anyone will be happy with, but I know he won't take my comments on that personally, he didn't design that part!

    If you take the time to study carefully the forces needed to open a BMW throttle system from start to end of pedal travel when they have a cable, and when you take into account the variable pace that the plates actually open vs the travel of the cable, you'll quickly see that adding a bell crank is not the answer for proper feel.

    Its been sort of fun using a psuedo scientific analysis with a scale (yeah, a digital fish scale no less) and measuring and watching how different versions of what I'm working on stack up to at least an S50B32 set up that happens to be easy to get to and analyse for comparison.

    Leave a comment:


  • bramon
    replied
    I'll totally be all over this in about 2 months :)
    Beir can I pm you? I have a couple questions regarding both your S54 and S62 swaps..

    Leave a comment:


  • BeirBrennerE30
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    Man, that sucks.. Where is it cracked?
    Right where the mount for the oil filter housing meets the actual block. The ps pump got ripped off in the wreck the car was in (24k mile 2005 M3). Thought it was just the filter housing that was busted. Guessed wrong.

    Leave a comment:

Working...