quick question regarding brake booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question regarding brake booster

I have a 89 332is, looking to get a little more assist on the brakes. Will the 89 325ix brake booster have enough room to clear the manifold? I think the only mod was to do a remote reservoir.

Thank in advance!

Comment

Thanks surebimmer, I did see that thread and a couple of others, too many going back and forth, got confused. So the game plan is...
      1. 325ix booster (shaft needs to be shorten)
      2. E34 M5 Master Cylinder (no modification)
      3. Remote resivoir (which one?)
      Just wanted to be sure.
      Thanks again,

Comment

you want the 2002 remote and the master cyclinder grommets ending in P#911 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by sushipower View Post
          Thanks surebimmer, I did see that thread and a couple of others, too many going back and forth, got confused. So the game plan is...
          1. 325ix booster (shaft needs to be shorten) Correct
          2. E34 M5 Master Cylinder (no modification) Also can use a E34 E32 530i 540i 740i master
          3. Remote reservoir (which one?) I used a DSM like tonytony did see posts below.
          Just wanted to be sure.
          Thanks again,

Also had to run a small reservoir for the clutch you can see mine on the firewall with a small black cap. Think i got it off a Honda CVCC.

Comment

Thanks G22 & Surebimmer. I'll probably have more questions later.

Comment

I assume #12 & 14

and #4

Regarding clutch reservoir is it a single fitting? do I need a total of three (3) #14?

Thanks,

Comment

I dont have an extra reservior for my clutch, there is a outlet on my 2002 reservior for this purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by 325issguy View Post
                  I dont have an extra reservior for my clutch, there is a outlet on my 2002 reservior for this purpose.
                  Yes, you can see it in this pic.

Comment

Thanks, 325isguy and g22 nice setup you got there.

Comment

Sure, you could find a 325ix booster and an E34 M5 master cylinder, OR you could just get the booster and MC off of a pre-1990 E32:

(booster) http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref....1486&showus=on
                      (MC) http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partxref....6978&showus=on

They are identical. I'm not sure why people insist on tracking down 325ixs and E34 M5s in junkyards when you can instead find a single 735i. I found an E32 in a yard in about 30 seconds, removed four nuts, two fittings and a clip, paid $50 and left with a good condition master cyl and booster that worked perfectly for my 24V swap. I found a remote 2002 reservoir and some 90 degree brass fittings which worked fine into the master cylinder.

Comment

I used the E32 stuff in my car. Works just fine. I was at the yard the other day and there were at least three boosters to choose from.

Comment

ix booster is a direct bolt on. no mods required. but you do need a remote resivoir system.

im running ix booster and 735MC, works great, awesome braking power.

I put a 'T' in one of my brake lines to run off to the clutch, this works fine too and one less bottle in your engine bay.

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Originally posted by MattM View Post
                            ix booster is a direct bolt on. no mods required. but you do need a remote resivoir system.

im running ix booster and 735MC, works great, awesome braking power.

I put a 'T' in one of my brake lines to run off to the clutch, this works fine too and one less bottle in your engine bay.
                            The '02 reservoir has a nipple for the clutch master.

Comment

Thanks MattM & Wh33ihop... probably go with

1. 325ix booster
                              2. 735mc
                              3. 2002ii remote reservior with fittings and hose.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this seems like the easiest route. Still uncertain about the clutch, guess when I get all the parts I should be able to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X