Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
    Sounds good!
    motor should be shipped out by next week from europe to your buddies shop...

Comment

getting 3 more engine kits this week. low mileage motors are getting very hard to get. I am getting a 64k miles, 71k miles and a 125k miles. 64k miles is kinda spoken for...

Comment

Anyone else interested in the euro engine kits. let me know I have a few coming in...

Comment

will the motors be from two different cars welded together like the M3?
          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

68k miles, 125k miles on the way and probably a 54k miles if anyone is interested..

Comment

Stormspike,

hey man did the engine kit arrive yet. Let me know if everything is cool...

Comment

I think it hits the dock early next week. I'll post pics and condition as soon as it hits Austin. Car down there now getting some more work before engine. I'll start a build with pics soon

Comment

Ok great man, I hope everything is what you expect. I hope you love the power of the B32 as much as I did. If your shop needs any help with the swap just tell them to call me..

Comment

I have another kit with 64k miles on it, if anyone is interested..

Comment

Can you tell me what the difference in price is vs doing an s52 conversion. I am interested in doing one or the other and am wondering if the increased cost will be worth it. Last I checked it will cost $2500-3000 for an s52 engine. I do not know what the trans would cost. Can anyone tell me what the total conversion cost differences would be?

Comment

Originally posted by clydesdale View Post
                        Can you tell me what the difference in price is vs doing an s52 conversion. I am interested in doing one or the other and am wondering if the increased cost will be worth it. Last I checked it will cost $2500-3000 for an s52 engine. I do not know what the trans would cost. Can anyone tell me what the total conversion cost differences would be?

but, because you're lazy and apparently unable to use a computer/google:

US swap costs

S52: $2.5-3k average
                        OBD1 Conversion parts: $500-1k
                        S52 ZF 5spd tranny: $300-600
                        Exhaust: $300-1k (headers/full exhaust/used E36 stock stuff/etc)
                        E30 swap parts cost: $500-1k (radiator, engine/trans mounts, wiring, brake booster, etc)
                        odds and ends costs: $0-5k (mods, refreshing motor if needed, blah blah blah)

S50B32 swap costs
                        S50B32: $6k avg
                        S50B32 electronics, generally included
                        S50B32 or S54 6spd Trans: $1.5-2k (US 5spd will bolt right up)
                        Exhaust: $300-1k (headers/full exhaust/used E36 stock stuff/etc)
                        E30 swap parts cost: $500-1k (radiator, engine/trans mounts, wiring, brake booster, etc)
                        odds and ends costs: $0-5k (mods, refreshing motor if needed, blah blah blah)

but, again,
                        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

That is usually the answer to just about everything over here. "search" "search" "search".
                          When you really think about hasn't just about every fuckin question been asked about cars that are 20+ years old? If the post bothered you, you could have just left it alone. I am on several different boards for various cars and don't always have the time to "search" everything. I appreciate your answer, but not your bitch attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by clydesdale View Post
                            That is usually the answer to just about everything over here. "search" "search" "search".
                            When you really think about hasn't just about every fuckin question been asked about cars that are 20+ years old? If the post bothered you, you could have just left it alone. I am on several different boards for various cars and don't always have the time to "search" everything. I appreciate your answer, but not your bitch attitude.
                            This isn't e30tech, we're not going to spoon feed you information that can be found if you take a few seconds to use the "search" function. Grow the fuck up; don't get mad at others for being a lazy ass. :roll:
                            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

That post was useless and not very "grown up". The guy did not have to insult me. If you want to throw out the useless "search", fine, but don't insult me. It is so easy to do behind the computer.
                              Last edited by clydesdale; 08-16-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You've been a member here since 8/06, and you've got a fair number of posts. Clearly you do know how to search, and this topic has been covered numerous times.

However, rather than spending a few minutes to do the research yourself, you figured you'd see if someone would happily waste a few minutes of their time to give you the answer that not only has been answered in this very thread before you posted, but has also been, if not common knowledge, answered just about every week, in every thread, in every subforum.

We say "Search" because frankly seeing you ask a question that you can answer yourself is just incredibly irritating. Doubly so when you are essentially threadjacking (I am well aware of the irony of this post). To not search, and expect others to answer you or do the searching for you, is the very definition of lazy, if not arrogant. Hence, the not too subtle disdain for your kind.

This board is "pretty big on search" because we don't like repeating ourselves when the information has been given numerous times. We are not here to hold your hand.

I've done the research on this swap, as have many many others on this board. I have done the research entirely on my own by using the invisible Search button you seem to be unable to find. You are entirely correct, these cars are ancient and nearly every question that could possibly be asked has been answered.

You also say E30Polak and I should grow up. I won't touch on the hilarious irony there, but maybe you should do your own damn work, you lazy arrogant presumptuous ass.
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X