S50b32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap update:
    Terry Sayther's shop doing a great job so far on the swap. Misc parts arrived from overseas and motor is sitting in car. Brake Master cyl work done and odds and ends being sorted out.

Massive's brake kit installed. Rear subframe refreshed with toe/camber adj.

Pics coming Tom. So far the motor and 6 speed trans look great. I am hoping to have good news when the key is turned in a few days :)

As to cost: the above post pretty much hits the mark. I've had some more expense with brake work, subframe, etc that you may not need. Having the s52 in before, I think this motor will be a lot of fun :)

Comment

I also wanted to add that Sonny has been great on this transaction. I would not hesitate buying from him. He has been avail on phone and helped with the customs delay we had getting motor through Houston.

Comment

Thanks for another insult. I truely appologize for the hijack. When I posted the question, I did think it was a touch of a hijack. But, since it seemed like the guy was trying to sell engine kits and seeing that I might be interested, I figured he might invest a couple of seconds and save me the eventual search. I knew there was a shot that no one would reply and eventually I would have to search. But, like I said, I am on other boards and have many other responsibilities in life and figured the guy looking to sell the kits might answer. Is that worthy of an insult?
        As far as the "grow up", look back and see who threw that insult out there first. What is with you guys?
        "Arrogant presumptuous ass"? By definition, what bounds did I over step? Arrogant, how? You do realize you called me lazy and unable to use a computer. That is not over stepping bounds? My guess is you are very young or atleast very immature my "internet ninja" friend. The sad part is, I truely do appreciate you answering my question and if we were face to face I would thank you, but then ask you, why did you have to botch it up with the childish insult?

In my first post, I said that I knew an s52 cost about $2500-3k. That was based on the last time I had done the research on this. All you had to say was that it will cost about another 3-4k on top of and s52 and you would have been done. Since you know the info, it would have taken you seconds. Where as I might find it in a few minutes or I might not. If it pissed you off, you could have just left it alone.

As I wrote this, I noticed that stormspike answered the question, as I thought he would. He just handled it a lot better, as I would expect. I would not send him $6-7K if he anwered my question with a ninja response.

Comment

clydesdale,

you have pm..

Comment

Originally posted by stormspike View Post
            I also wanted to add that Sonny has been great on this transaction. I would not hesitate buying from him. He has been avail on phone and helped with the customs delay we had getting motor through Houston.

thanks for the positive post, I try to be as helpful as I can. I hope that your swap goes well and you enjoy the power of the s50b32... let me know if you need anything else and did you go the other route with brake booster..

Comment

Thanks for the booster help. They got the 2002 one to work. I'll let you all know how it turns out later this week with a picture update.
              Lets keep this thread civil. I've posted a few questions before that I know search could find given time to review all the results. Sometimes search returns crap. Having a clear reply to a specific question by someone who has done this helps. Anyway, all is good and I am excited that the end is near.

I'll keep a detailed writeup from the shop as to cost and parts if anyone is interested after the swap is done.

Comment

Working...
              X