No announcement yet.

Bad Thermostat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'll swap this 10 degree cooler thermostat as well and see if it helps.

Comment

What's the deal with that avatar Danny?

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

People always think I'm my avatar.

Comment

Fuck what happened to that chick you had on there that every motherfucker on here now has.

Comment

They all copied me.

Comment

I found in my e36 that running just the acc. fan on at all times wasn't enough to keep temps down. Electric puller fan solved that.

I've yet to start driving my m50 swap around, but I've got 88c tstat, e36 rad, puller fan, 80/88 fan switch, running coolant/water/water wetter. This should keep the motor icy in traffic w/ a/c running.

Comment

I have no A/C and its a 16"spal mounted to the rad as a pusher. The coolant was low, I'm guessing thats what it was.

Comment

My engine actually stays pretty cool in traffic with just the aux fan on low speed at all times, I have a stewart high volume water pump and 80* thermostat though. Of course as soon as i see the temp needle inching towards the right side of the middle mark I blast my heat on full for a bit but the temps take quite a while to start going up.

Too bad I'm a dumbass and ordered the wrong temp switch, pretty sure that the high speed isn't working anyway since I have never heard it come on.

Comment

I have a similar "problem" when I stop at a gas station, when I come back and turn the key temp goes a little beyond half, start up, after a rev or two the temp goes down.
                    I don't believe the OEM gauge, I'm a dumbass for being lazy to ground my addon temp sensor.

Comment

that's normal, the hot coolant will rise to the top, and so will any air bubbles.

nothing wrong with the stock E30 gauge if it's working
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

where is the leak?

Comment

Firewall I think.

Comment

same leak we had the first time we filled her up....
                            [PAKSIW]
                            20D .........
                            vmwerks :up:
                            ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Maybe? Not really too sure.

Comment

Okay I filled her up with coolant and it went away but I'm losing coolant. But I'm pretty sure its only under high rpms and my oil in my dipstick and full cap isn't milky. Ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X