Finally!!! I have joined the S50 side...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    Go sub ~3.46 LSD on the diff. ratio if you're on a ZF (I can't for the life of me remember what trans you're running). I ran a S3.46 and it was obnoxious as fuck on the highway. 3,600rpm at 65-70 or so. If you can source it, I would run S3.15 for the final with a ZF. I'm running a S2.93 currently and it's FANTASTIC but, sometimes I do miss the instant insanity that was the S3.46 gearing. Burn outs into 4th, etc...

    That said, S2.93 is just about right if you come anywhere close to 80mph on a regular/daily basis.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian_Visser
    So yours cleared M3 CABs? I needed the Treehouse CABs with my Racelands, however I also had to drill out the header flanges two sizes larger to make them fit the studs, makes me think that the ones I got were version one or something and they have improved the design since.
    yes!! from what I have read on here, Raceland has made some improvements on the fit and finish since we've been using them with our swaps. Took some pics so will share once they are off the camera.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    screwed up my back pretty good.....was a week of MRI, x-rays and spinal cortisone shots. OUCH

    after not being able to spend much time on the swap due to the above, I got to spend a few hours working on it. Thankfully the hard stuff was done so today was easy, time consuming stuff....running vacuum lines, new fuel lines and fitting coolant lines. And guess what cranked up this afternoon???? = D

    I had my wife hold the harness power to the positive terminal and it fired right up on the first go. Scared the mess out of her!

    I still have some issues to work out but will have to take time with it since I can't work on it like I want to;

    the e34 throttle cable I have will not work, the linkage is too short between the bracket and end of the cable
    the header is hitting the swaybar, looks like I need about 3mm clearance
    vacuum lines from the valve cover to the intake boot is rigged because I don't have the proper size...also need the ribbed connector under the intake boot
    I want to clean up and hide as much of the wiring as possible
    fix the spring in the trans so the lever will sit in the centre
    source a diff once I decide on the ratio
    wire in an electric fan
    and of course sort out the exhaust

    I took some better picture with my wifes camera so I will upload them soon.

    S50 with open header is super freaking obnoxiously loud!! But this bad boy revs up and down instantly. Can't wait!!!!! I feel like this might be quick...

    Leave a comment:


  • Adrian_Visser
    replied
    So yours cleared M3 CABs? I needed the Treehouse CABs with my Racelands, however I also had to drill out the header flanges two sizes larger to make them fit the studs, makes me think that the ones I got were version one or something and they have improved the design since.

    Leave a comment:


  • xekret
    replied
    Can't wait to have an S5x E30 of my own. Next year hopefully.

    Leave a comment:


  • giantkeeper
    replied
    Let me know what you end up doing to clear the sway bar.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    got the engine/trans/headers in tonight. What a pain in the a$$ that was!! I ended up having to remove the PS pump and AC compressor to get it in. Could have used a few shoehorns!! The headers clear the subframe and my e30M3 control arm bushings. However the headers are hitting the swaybar though. I've read that this only happens when the car is in the air but I will have to unbolt the swaybar to lock the engine down. I suppose I could shim the engine mount but hopefully the header will clear once on the ground.



    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    good eye. its resting on the jack stand.....guess I was just so excited to get a pic

    Leave a comment:


  • hammslice
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffmn8
    What's with the different passenger side motor mount arm?
    Looks like its just mounted upside down.

    Leave a comment:


  • jeffmn8
    replied
    Originally posted by e30rapidic





    What's with the different passenger side motor mount arm?

    Leave a comment:


  • gianluca1505
    replied
    hi mister,

    i'M Italian and my name is Gianluca. In this moment I making the same work in my country , but with another car : BMW z3 .

    hystory : i have my bmw z3 with m52b20 engine . i buyed a bmw z3 M coupe crash with 65000 km , same to 40.000 miles . for me , put the engine s50b32 in my car is not the problem, because i buyed all car , not only engine . the problem is only that :

    the electric cable are different . and that is a very problem, because i would like to find the electric link for m52b20 and s50b32 .

    so . i would like to make that question :

    how you resolve that problem in your car ?

    i hope that you can help me and i'm sorry for my bad english. Gianluca

    Leave a comment:


  • Court M3
    replied
    Damn can't wait to see it installed.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    got a little bit more done today. Picked up my stock lightened flywheel yesterday, weighed in at 11 pounds. Not too aggressive but should help. I had a bear of a time getting the trans back on, probably made worse by having a sore back. My raceland headers were also delivered. I'm quite pleased with them, good value for the money. Modified and installed the 944 booster as well, bolted right up and all back together. Hopefully the engine will go in tomorrow, fingers crossed. If not, it will be Monday.



    Leave a comment:


  • White325is
    replied
    I thought you made more than that mike?
    I made 260 rwhp and 244 with chip, intake, headers and 2.5 exhaust out of a s50.

    Leave a comment:


  • MIKe30
    replied
    didn't read this whole thread but chassis you're working with OP!
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    Is 270hp at the wheels attainable with 3.5 MAF, Pink tops, Raceland headers and a TRM tune? That's beastly for an S52.
    He would need an aggressive cam for that, among other things.. I hit 261whp with sunbelt cams, 11:1 forged pistons, and it still needed a final tune so who knows how much higher it would have been. Another member, CMT, hit some impressive numbers with his sunbelts, 270ish IIRC.

    Leave a comment:

Working...