Finally!!! I have joined the S50 side...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gianluca1505
    replied
    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    quick photos of the install in progress. It's not pretty but its functional. The wiring harness will certainly be cleaned up, no way in hell will I leave it like that. Also the C101/X20 adapter will be removed and I'll permanently wire in a connector when its confirmed fully functional.







    Haven't sorted out what these two connectors do yet. I'm guessing one is for my mpg gauge and tach? recall something about there may be a C103?! connector under the dash for this? The other maybe a connector for the automatic trans? Still need to research.





    What are you guys doing with the e34 throttle cable? I am using one and have this issue. The distance between the bracket and the throttle arm is too far going through the bracket and grommet like it should. Its' about 1 1/2 inches too short. Suggestions?????




    Tanke you guy for your picture, I'm sorry for my delay of this write. now my car have inside the s50B32 whit zf manual. Now i startin to understand to electricy plant of circolat connector of motor, I see in yout picture that you have find the all cable. Please , can you show the descriction for PIN ? if you will give that , i can turn on my s50b32 very easy. ciaooo

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    I just took her for a run up and down the street for the first time....ever.

    Its going to be quick. A stab in the throttle in 2nd gear spun the tires immediately. I need wider rears now!! (anybody got some Alpina 16x8's???) Can't wait to break the engine in and see what it can do..and then take it to a dyno.

    I still have a little swaybar rub due to the bars being oversize and a check engine light. I really do not like the clutch (e36 slave) so will do something about that later. All electrics/gauges work so I'm happy. Its about 90% of where I want it; i'm anal and want to re-do a few things. But they can wait!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    Thanks, I'm not sure if that spacer will work for me because I have ST sways and they mount a little differently. We'll see when it comes time to swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by Gooch
    How'd the sway bar end up clearing the Racelands?

    And what was the solution for the e34 throttle cable?

    I'll need to address both when my motor goes in. Thanks!
    I got a spacer kit from a member on here and used longer bolts. Also replaced the e34 cable with one from an e36....also used the cruise cable from the same e36. Works perfectly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gooch
    replied
    How'd the sway bar end up clearing the Racelands?

    And what was the solution for the e34 throttle cable?

    I'll need to address both when my motor goes in. Thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • graphikg
    replied
    Congrats man Great body to put that motor in.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    it's in and running like a champ. Still need to hook up the exhaust and bleed the clutch/brakes. I rant into a few issues that I didn't see documented here. My M shifter scraped the 328ci driveshaft in neutral so I put a washer between the top of the transmission brace and the underside of the body. Also had to do the same to lower the diff in it's mount as the driveshaft balancing weight just barely nicked the metal center gas tank support. Exhaust gets delivered Monday, hopefully it will go on Wednesday, then its time for a test ride. If all is well I will have time to detail it thoroughly for The Vintage. More pics Tuesday when I'm back in town.

    zero leaks and zero miles on the totally rebuilt S50. :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • phreshkid
    replied
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    Go sub ~3.46 LSD on the diff. ratio if you're on a ZF (I can't for the life of me remember what trans you're running). I ran a S3.46 and it was obnoxious as fuck on the highway. 3,600rpm at 65-70 or so. If you can source it, I would run S3.15 for the final with a ZF. I'm running a S2.93 currently and it's FANTASTIC but, sometimes I do miss the instant insanity that was the S3.46 gearing. Burn outs into 4th, etc...

    That said, S2.93 is just about right if you come anywhere close to 80mph on a regular/daily basis.

    I'm running the zf/s3.15 and its quite perfect. Between the 2.93 and the 3.25 is exactly what I wanted.

    I'm running a m coupe diff minus the m coupe rear cover.

    Leave a comment:


  • mohamadr89
    replied
    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    got a little bit more done today. Picked up my stock lightened flywheel yesterday, weighed in at 11 pounds. Not too aggressive but should help. I had a bear of a time getting the trans back on, probably made worse by having a sore back. My raceland headers were also delivered. I'm quite pleased with them, good value for the money. Modified and installed the 944 booster as well, bolted right up and all back together. Hopefully the engine will go in tomorrow, fingers crossed. If not, it will be Monday.




    raceland sells 2 different headers that work with the e36 3.0l s50 engine. which one did you purchase and why? okay last question. this probably sounds really stupid of me to ask but i honeslty dont know.... okay i swap the e30 motor tranny and ecu, then where does the Engine Swap Wire Harness Adapter plug into?
    thanks- moe
    __________________
    Last edited by mohamadr89; 05-14-2011, 06:06 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • mohamadr89
    replied
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    Go sub ~3.46 LSD on the diff. ratio if you're on a ZF (I can't for the life of me remember what trans you're running). I ran a S3.46 and it was obnoxious as fuck on the highway. 3,600rpm at 65-70 or so. If you can source it, I would run S3.15 for the final with a ZF. I'm running a S2.93 currently and it's FANTASTIC but, sometimes I do miss the instant insanity that was the S3.46 gearing. Burn outs into 4th, etc...

    That said, S2.93 is just about right if you come anywhere close to 80mph on a regular/daily basis.

    which diff comes stock with the e36 m3? because i have a complete wrecked e36 m3 and im also doing a s50 swap. i cant wait until i start it!

    Leave a comment:


  • giantkeeper
    replied
    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    What are you guys doing with the e34 throttle cable? I am using one and have this issue. The distance between the bracket and the throttle arm is too far going through the bracket and grommet like it should. Its' about 1 1/2 inches too short. Suggestions?????

    My throttle cable is short too....

    Leave a comment:


  • MIKe30
    replied
    Originally posted by White325is
    I thought you made more than that mike?
    I made 260 rwhp and 244 with chip, intake, headers and 2.5 exhaust out of a s50.
    Nope. Think it was a combination of your dyno being a bit generous and the one I was on being pretty stingy. Lots of guys complained that day the dyno was reading really low. My buddy with a 790whp vette only put down 730whp the same day I did my run. He hit that 790 on the same dyno just a few weeks earlier. Temp was actually better for boost the day I ran, so if anything his numbers should have been up.


    Anyway, keep at it OP. You're going to love your car when you're done.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    quick photos of the install in progress. It's not pretty but its functional. The wiring harness will certainly be cleaned up, no way in hell will I leave it like that. Also the C101/X20 adapter will be removed and I'll permanently wire in a connector when its confirmed fully functional.







    Haven't sorted out what these two connectors do yet. I'm guessing one is for my mpg gauge and tach? recall something about there may be a C103?! connector under the dash for this? The other maybe a connector for the automatic trans? Still need to research.





    What are you guys doing with the e34 throttle cable? I am using one and have this issue. The distance between the bracket and the throttle arm is too far going through the bracket and grommet like it should. Its' about 1 1/2 inches too short. Suggestions?????

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    Definitely. Honestly, the S2.93 will still give you PLENTY with the setup you're running. Longer gears are nice for actually being able to accelerate and even then, you're going to be shifting like mad.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    Go sub ~3.46 LSD on the diff. ratio if you're on a ZF (I can't for the life of me remember what trans you're running). I ran a S3.46 and it was obnoxious as fuck on the highway. 3,600rpm at 65-70 or so. If you can source it, I would run S3.15 for the final with a ZF. I'm running a S2.93 currently and it's FANTASTIC but, sometimes I do miss the instant insanity that was the S3.46 gearing. Burn outs into 4th, etc...

    That said, S2.93 is just about right if you come anywhere close to 80mph on a regular/daily basis.
    yes, I am running a 5 speed zf. Thanks for the opinions. This is not a DD but very well could turn into one for nice summer days!! I am leaning towards a 3.25 LSD. I imagine with the tune and mods, that will be a nice compromise. I can't go for all out acceleration since my Alpinas out back are only 7 inches wide...lol

    Leave a comment:

Working...