Finally!!! I have joined the S50 side...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SwiftE30
    replied
    Originally posted by BergerNJ
    this is pure inspiration for me.

    before I purchased my cabrio I always thought a s5x swap would be fun as hell. My friends e46 sounds like sex and pulls amazingly...My other buddy has a boosted m50...So I knew I'd love the power...

    After having my cabby for a bit now I kinda hate the thought of tearing it apart since it runs so nice....

    would I be able to get the s50 running like a top and being just as nice?

    can't wait to see your results
    You've gotta go with an s5x swap man. You wont regret it. It kind of is a shame to tear apart such an awesome car but the process and final result will have you never looking back with the biggest grin on your face.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eric
    replied
    Nice looking cabbie!

    Leave a comment:


  • BergerNJ
    replied
    ahhhh! lol I really cant wait to see this....you better make some assorted videos....idle in drive way, cruise with the top down etc..

    Leave a comment:


  • SwiftE30
    replied
    Awesome build man. Its all about the Cabrio's. Really lookin forward to you gettin that beast driving..... And then adding that turbo!

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    You're going to love it. You have the TMS 3.5" Euro HFM/Tune, correct?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    as soon as I get the flywheel back from the shop, I can mate the zf trans to the fresh S50 and drop her in!!


    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by ck_taft325is
    When you get that cow catcher, let me know what's up with that current lip. It's exactly what I want to run on my S50 car :)


    Is 270hp at the wheels attainable with 3.5 MAF, Pink tops, Raceland headers and a TRM tune? That's beastly for an S52.
    certainly will let you know. Just gotta find a cow catcher for a reasonable price!!

    270 flywheel hp, not wheel....that would be roughly 235 whp

    Leave a comment:


  • ck_taft325is
    replied
    When you get that cow catcher, let me know what's up with that current lip. It's exactly what I want to run on my S50 car :)


    Is 270hp at the wheels attainable with 3.5 MAF, Pink tops, Raceland headers and a TRM tune? That's beastly for an S52.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Well the motor rebuild is 99% complete!!! Have to finish up the vanos rebuild and then it can be buttoned up. I'm waiting on my lightened flywheel to come in before mating the trans to the engine for the drop in. I scored and picked up a zf trans for $99 out of a 328ci!!! So that's going in with a short shift kit. Switching out the 4.10 for a 3.25.

    Will be running the pink top injectors and 3.5 MAF, with that I decided to run the TRM tune and picked up a bimmerworld silicone intake boot. Just placed an order for raceland headers, the rest of the exhaust will probably be e36 midpipe and magnaflow muffler. Using a Porsche 944 brake booster and M42 radiator for the integrated expansion tank. Hopefully a handful more work hours and it will be running. I'm really anal about it so will have all the wires, clips, holders and stuff in place and hidden properly. Eventually I will sort out the AC hose adapters so I'll have AC to keep the wifey happy. Hoping for 270ish hp. Starting to get excited......





    All I want now is the cow catcher Alpina 147 front spoiler and 8 inch Alpina rims ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by BergerNJ
    this is pure inspiration for me.

    before I purchased my cabrio I always thought a s5x swap would be fun as hell. My friends e46 sounds like sex and pulls amazingly...My other buddy has a boosted m50...So I knew I'd love the power...

    After having my cabby for a bit now I kinda hate the thought of tearing it apart since it runs so nice....

    would I be able to get the s50 running like a top and being just as nice?

    can't wait to see your results
    Killer!! There are a few S50 cabrios floating around but nowhere near as many as coupes. Can't wait!!



    Also went to the local salvage yard today, picked up a zf transmission and driveshaft out of a 328ci. Lucky find! Also got the proper oil cap..lol.

    Dropped the flywheel off today to be lightened, nothing too aggressive. I'm going to keep the M20 starter and clutch assembly.

    Leave a comment:


  • BergerNJ
    replied
    this is pure inspiration for me.

    before I purchased my cabrio I always thought a s5x swap would be fun as hell. My friends e46 sounds like sex and pulls amazingly...My other buddy has a boosted m50...So I knew I'd love the power...

    After having my cabby for a bit now I kinda hate the thought of tearing it apart since it runs so nice....

    would I be able to get the s50 running like a top and being just as nice?

    can't wait to see your results

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by White325is
    What about raceland headers and e36 m3 exhaust? It will be much better flowing then the m20 setup.
    I have been reading up on those as well. I hear that the stainless ebay headers work ok but are raspy. I may have to suck it up and do a full e36 center section and maybe magnaflow?

    Originally posted by 328ijunkie
    I think i sold you those wheels :D
    yes sir, you did! Took the car up to my friends house up the street and back yesterday before putting it up on jack stands for the swap. I took a towel to the rims to clean 'em. I'm disturbed...

    Leave a comment:


  • 328ijunkie
    replied
    I think i sold you those wheels :D

    Leave a comment:


  • White325is
    replied
    What about raceland headers and e36 m3 exhaust? It will be much better flowing then the m20 setup.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    engine has been completely stripped down and rebuilt....almost ready to go in the car!!! yessssss

    I am in a dilemma about what exhaust setup to use now. Thinking Raceland headers into the stock e30 system for now?!?!?! I hope to turbo the S50 as my next project...so will go full custom then.

    Leave a comment:

Working...