No announcement yet.

how fast is your s50e30????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.73 LSD and a 240 getrag, car at about 2600lbs, full bolt ons and a TRM tune I can pull even with an e90 M3 through third. At higher speeds aero starts working against you, though.

Comment

My e30 is pretty quick, i don't race people or anything but to give a comparison, it was faster than my girlfriends wrx swapped 2.5RS with 4" downpipe, 3" catless exhaust and tune.

She upgraded to a different turbo with an 18g wheel, and it's now faster than the e30.

The e30 is cheaper on insurance and the total project cost 1/3 of her car (includes the car, two sets of wheels, brand new tires, brakes, suspension, and motor swaps). Cost:Fun ratio....pretty damn high.

I swapped mine using the stock Getrag240 and 4.1 LSD from my 318i, 3.5" HFM, 24# injectors, Silicon elbow,K&N Filter, TRM Chip. It's short gearing, but it's fine. I'm not a highway bomber, but I like backroads and autocross. Torque is plenty for what i need. I do wish i had a bit more, but i know i'd get in trouble. So it's perfect for me
      Last edited by psyber_0ptix; 05-22-2011, 03:08 PM.
      Originally posted by FredK
      However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
      Feedback

Comment

I love my S50'd E30. If you're looking for that "Holy Mother of God what in the fuck was that?" fast, you'll want to turbo. But, for a DD? Well worth it. Plenty fast for street driving and most of the cars that are in the "same class" as far as looks, year, styling (general styling) such as Honda's and all the other little tuner types out there, it'll surprise them. If you can pull on a next generation sports car (E36 M3) in a 25+ year old shit box I don't see why that's not fast enough. Obviously you're not going to compete NA with E46 M3's. It's a different class of car. Saavy?
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Tafts car is QUICK. I know...

Comment

Originally posted by ck_taft325is View Post
            I love my S50'd E30. If you're looking for that "Holy Mother of God what in the fuck was that?" fast, you'll want to turbo. But, for a DD? Well worth it. Plenty fast for street driving and most of the cars that are in the "same class" as far as looks, year, styling (general styling) such as Honda's and all the other little tuner types out there, it'll surprise them. If you can pull on a next generation sports car (E36 M3) in a 25+ year old shit box I don't see why that's not fast enough. Obviously you're not going to compete NA with E46 M3's. It's a different class of car. Saavy?

yea i got you. i was racing a s2000 with exhaust last night and he barely got me. i was just thinking in my head, "your lucky my s50 isn't in!" lol but i feel like it was a close race. he didnt know how to shift because thats when i pulled on him lol

mtech 2 325ic
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
            check out my donut vid
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
              3.73 LSD and a 240 getrag, car at about 2600lbs, full bolt ons and a TRM tune I can pull even with an e90 M3 through third. At higher speeds aero starts working against you, though.

wow that sounds pretty quick. i dont think i will ever be satisfied unless i turbo my car. but we will see what happens after some bolt ons

mtech 2 325ic
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
              check out my donut vid
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

I had a 3.73 and an S50. With the car @ 2500#. It was fast. Fast enough to kill me. RIGHT QUICK.
                Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
                Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
                Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

You can definitely pull on an e46 M3 with a well sorted S5X e30. I'd pull on my friends stock Z4 M Coupe all day and that car is significantly lighter than an e46 M.

Comment

shit def happens at 88mph
                    1990 S50 goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by CincinnatiKid View Post
                      shit def happens at 88mph

Serious shit.
                      Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I finally got to drive my swapped car for the first time. I gotta say, I'm damn impressed! It's actually seat of the pants fast :giggle:
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

here we go again
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
                          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

I've beat 4 v8 mustangs, 3 highway, 1 from a 20mph roll. On a 100degree day it put down 250whp corrected and ran 13.9's @103ish. s50/zf/2.93lsd. schricks, pistons, trm remote tune taht still needs work.

More to come since I'm rebuilding due to a blown head gasket......bigger, stronger, faster....
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

My M50 was pretty fast....

Comment

You got what I got. These things are fun though..enjoyed at the track last month,passing a shit load of P cars

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                NASA
                                BMWCCA member
                                PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                                1997 M3 sedan
                                2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Working...
                                X