how fast is your s50e30????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
    3.73 LSD and a 240 getrag, car at about 2600lbs, full bolt ons and a TRM tune I can pull even with an e90 M3 through third. At higher speeds aero starts working against you, though.
    I'm on the 4.10 LSD. can't wait to put on a 3.73 LSD. :)

Comment

Originally posted by e30_325es View Post
      I've beat 4 v8 mustangs
      the new 412 hp mustang?? The one that the e9X M3 can't beat??
      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
        the new 412 hp mustang?? The one that the e9X M3 can't beat??
        It was a vague post so I'm guessing its either one of the mustangs from 1965 to 2011..can't be too sure though
        Originally posted by TSI
        ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
        OEM+

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
          It was a vague post so I'm guessing its either one of the mustangs from 1965 to 2011..can't be too sure though
          A buddy of mine is a pony car guy and said by his estimation (based on power,weight, etc) a properly swapped e30 should do pretty well against most (stockish) mustangs 05 and before.
          88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
          We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by lolcantturn View Post
            I seriously doubt it was a new one. Even my F150 can beat an old mustang...lol

wonder if he meant Mustang II??
            '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Mine is pretty fast imo

S50
              dinan bbtb,
              raceland headers
              euro hfm
              TRM tune (going to get updated soon)
              decided against cams becuase i didnt want to loose low end torque
              21# injectors
              3.25 diff
              getrag 260
              lightweight flywheel
              fan delete

soon to have
              ferrera valves,
              cometic head gasket and arp studs (for what? future boost maybe)
              but keeping the compression stock
              updates springs and retainers

I love racing on short road race tracks where the smaller less powered car has an edge. At streets of Willlow, I was consistently running about .5-.75 faster times than the e92 m3s with similar skill levels.

I bet that a properly driven e92 m3 would blow the doors off me but my power to weight ratio is great imo
              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
              Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
              LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Two View Post
                You can definitely pull on an e46 M3 with a well sorted S5X e30. I'd pull on my friends stock Z4 M Coupe all day and that car is significantly lighter than an e46 M.

i cant wait til mine is done. i'd say about another week or so. thanks for the info

mtech 2 325ic
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
                check out my donut vid
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                  Mine is pretty fast imo

S50
                  dinan bbtb,
                  raceland headers
                  euro hfm
                  TRM tune (going to get updated soon)
                  decided against cams becuase i didnt want to loose low end torque
                  21# injectors
                  3.25 diff
                  getrag 260
                  lightweight flywheel
                  fan delete

soon to have
                  ferrera valves,
                  cometic head gasket and arp studs (for what? future boost maybe)
                  but keeping the compression stock
                  updates springs and retainers

I love racing on short road race tracks where the smaller less powered car has an edge. At streets of Willlow, I was consistently running about .5-.75 faster times than the e92 m3s with similar skill levels.

I bet that a properly driven e92 m3 would blow the doors off me but my power to weight ratio is great imo
                  hey i have a question for you, how was your experience with raceland headers? mine should be in tomorrow and i ordered the ones with the flange on the end that bolt up to the e36 m3 exhaust because thats what i have. did you order the same ones and how do you like it??

mtech 2 325ic
                  check out my donut vid

Comment

where can you find a 3.73 diff at for a s50?

mtech 2 325ic
                    check out my donut vid

Comment

Originally posted by mohamadr89 View Post
                      hey i have a question for you, how was your experience with raceland headers? mine should be in tomorrow and i ordered the ones with the flange on the end that bolt up to the e36 m3 exhaust because thats what i have. did you order the same ones and how do you like it??
                      I love them. I have the long tubes. They sound good, not alot of rasp, and the quality is great. I just had to put a spacer underneath my swaybar mounts to keep the headers from hitting the sway bar. I can get the spacers if you are interested in them. let me know

where can you find a 3.73 diff at for a s50?
                      3.73 will be murdering your mpg at hwy speeds if you have the 260 tranny. you will be doing 80mph at about 4k rpm. I know most people dont go over a 3.46
                      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

I love them. I have the long tubes. They sound good, not alot of rasp, and the quality is great. I just had to put a spacer underneath my swaybar mounts to keep the headers from hitting the sway bar. I can get the spacers if you are interested in them. let me know

3.73 will be murdering your mpg at hwy speeds if you have the 260 tranny. you will be doing 80mph at about 4k rpm. I know most people dont go over a 3.46
                        You gotta come out to the Cerritos Meet so I can check out your ride! haha
                        Feedback
                        Instagram - @e30_mtech2

Comment

what if i have a zf tranny? the guy told me the headers i bought were the shorty one. i couldn't tell the difference and they looked longer than the other ones in the pic. but i have the oem m3 exhaust so the headers i got have the flange that bolt up to stock e36 m3 exhaust. i just hope they work out as sweet as yours did!!

mtech 2 325ic
                          check out my donut vid

Comment

Originally posted by IRUNEDM View Post
                            You gotta come out to the Cerritos Meet so I can check out your ride! haha
                            I planned on going to the last one then i found out I had a bent valve from the race weekend before...So now shes out of commision to get the head fixed.

what if i have a zf tranny? the guy told me the headers i bought were the shorty one. i couldn't tell the difference and they looked longer than the other ones in the pic. but i have the oem m3 exhaust so the headers i got have the flange that bolt up to stock e36 m3 exhaust. i just hope they work out as sweet as yours did!!
                            The shorties will work fine.
                            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

A 3.73 with a 260 should be fine as those were designed to go together. A 3.73 and a zf is what will kill you. The stock gearing for the e36 m3 with a zf is 3.15 or 3.23, so a 3.73 will be too short.
                              88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                              We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

Originally posted by matthugie View Post
                                A 3.73 with a 260 should be fine as those were designed to go together. A 3.73 and a zf is what will kill you. The stock gearing for the e36 m3 with a zf is 3.15 or 3.23, so a 3.73 will be too short.
                                So what do you recommend? Something between 3.23 and 3.73 or just keep it stock?

mtech 2 325ic
                                check out my donut vid

Comment

Working...
                                X