No announcement yet.

how fast is your s50e30????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It turns out I do have the long tube headers!

mtech 2 325ic
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/pict...pictureid=7968
    check out my donut vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw0paUP1FEQ

Comment

sweet. I just Pmmed you pics of the spacers. I love the long tube headers but if you want them to bolt on then get the shorties
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
      LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Im planning on doing the same thing to my car and i have 2 qiestions for you guys:

1. the S50 engines you have in your cars are US spec i presume?
        2. What tyre sizes are you running on the back and how much grip do you have/don't have?

Thanks
        sigpic
        1991 BMW 318is Brilliantrot
        1998 Jeep Cherokee TD Black

Comment

Somebody please answer this question! When doing. S50 /zf swap, is it easier to use e36 m3 drive shaft or stock e30 driveshaft?

mtech 2 325ic
          check out my donut vid

Comment

Originally posted by mohamadr89 View Post
            Somebody please answer this question! When doing. S50 /zf swap, is it easier to use e36 m3 drive shaft or stock e30 driveshaft?

The only driveshaft from an e36 m3 you can use is the one with a 4 bolt rear flange if you want to use the e30 diff. So, said driveshaft has to be from a coupe/vert because I believe sedans are a but longer. Not sure if sedan's are longer, that is just what I assume.
            world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
              The only driveshaft from an e36 m3 you can use is the one with a 4 bolt rear flange if you want to use the e30 diff. So, said driveshaft has to be from a coupe/vert because I believe sedans are a but longer. Not sure if sedan's are longer, that is just what I assume.
              I have a coupe m3 so I will be using the driveshaft out of that, can I use the m3 diff as well? That will make it easier right?

mtech 2 325ic
              check out my donut vid

Comment

Dude, please search. The answer to every question you've asked has already been answered multiple times. Hell, the comprehensive parts list thread is about all you need. And FYI, you need an e30 m3 driveshaft if using the zf (again, in the parts list thread). As for the diff, if you're using the zf, use the diff that came with it. I'm sure the ratios of each both the zf and 260 are around (if you search), and using a gear calculator you can figure out what speeds each gear produces with different final drives.
                88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
                We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

sandy sandy vaginas in this thread.

Comment

cant use the e36 diff. you have to use the E30 diff housing
                    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

where can you find a 3.73 diff at for a s50?
                      I have one behind my S50zf, will be swapping it out for a 3.46.
                      '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Mohammad, pm me and I'll meet up with you and answer your questions. this shit is getting ridiculous.
                        world renown Harry Potter expert
                        sigpic

Comment

260 getrag mated to a 3.73 should give you ratios pretty close to stock e36 m3 ones. With my 15s, I'm at ~38/60/90/132/160 IIRC

Comment

i don't wanna sounds like a dick, but u pmmed me with pretty much the same question, and now u go and ask the board!. kind of a douche bag move there. i guess my help isn't good enough. good luck with your swap.
                            [PAKSIW]
                            20D .........
                            vmwerks :up:
                            ryan gmw :up:

Comment

I just took mine for a run up and down the street for the first time....ever.

Its damn quick but not brutal. I'm running a fresh S50, long tube headers, TRM Tune, 3.5 intake, 3.46 LSD and 3 inch exhaust through Vibrant muffler, resonator and cat. A stab in the throttle in 2nd gear spun the tires immediately. I need wider rears now!! Can't wait to break the engine in and see what it can do..and then take it to a dyno.
                              '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                                A stab in the throttle in 2nd gear spun the tires immediately. I need wider rears now!!
                                How wide are your current wheels and what size tires are you running? What width do you think you'll have to run? I'm wondering since I may have to get wider wheels than my 7.5" width wheels for my S52 swap.
                                1989 US E30 Cammed S52
                                Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

Working...
                                X