might have a lead on an m54b30 swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
    Good, DONT waste time on the B27! TRUST ME. I rebuilt mine and three or four months later got sick of how slow it was and ripped it back out for a 24V Swap. It was such a waste of money.

Tho I imagine anything is faster then that W123 ;)
    haha yeah, when i was running the b27 it was like 864564645 times more exciting than the w123. i would be content with a b27 for a while, then collect parts for an I head swap.

Comment

Another option, run a standalone that can handle dual vanos. (only Motec?)

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
        Another option, run a standalone that can handle dual vanos. (only Motec?)
        Or a standalone that can't handle dual VANOS with a circuit that can. (Megasquirt3). Working splendidly so far...

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
          Run an M54 on stock ECU and run it on OBD1 with whatever additions you want and see if they make equal power.
          Yeah.. just like run a S52 on stock ecu and run it on OBDI and see if they make equal power.. oh wait..

Seriously though, OBDI does away with some of the emissions restriction imposed by OBDII so generally it unlocks a little more power while giving up some fuel economy.

Every wonder why the S50 and S52 have very similar output numbers? Boring / Stroking the S50/M50 was BMW's answer to complying with OBDII and US DOT emissions requirement while keeping the performance numbers where they were originally intended to be.

Comment

M52 vs M50 and S52 vs S50. With similar equipped parts (m50 mani) which makes more power. The smarter the ECU the better. The loosing the emissions stuff does nothing for power....

The S50/S52 and M50/M52 have similar numbers were yes originally to meet emissions standards but throwing the M50 mani on either of the OBD2 motors and theyre no longer "equal" power wise.

Check Us out on Facebook
            Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
            Full Product Line Tuning
            OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
              M52 vs M50 and S52 vs S50. With similar equipped parts (m50 mani) which makes more power. The smarter the ECU the better. The loosing the emissions stuff does nothing for power....

The S50/S52 and M50/M52 have similar numbers were yes originally to meet emissions standards but throwing the M50 mani on either of the OBD2 motors and theyre no longer "equal" power wise.
              However, for many years, tuners struggled with OBD II, so more power was available to OBD I conversions. The myth persists to this day.
              2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
              2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
              1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
              1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
              - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
              1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
              1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
              Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
                However, for many years, tuners struggled with OBD II, so more power was available to OBD I conversions. The myth persists to this day.
                True true. But now with obd2 ews deletes and all there's no reason not to go obd2!

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
                X