Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeryk7
    Jon,

So can a brotha get a discount on a adapter already. I still would like to know how i can get a discount and how much on one of these TreeHouse Racing adapters.

Pm Me if you would like.
    Damn right you can. Call me on Wednesday the 28th at the shop. I'll get you hooked up.

Jon
    Treehouse Racing
    615-333-9118

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz
      Being the creator of this thread can i get it locked cause this is just being blown out of proportion.

thanks
      -cam

Edit: i totally support treehouse and their products, this product would be great for others, but not for me, thats all the information i needed from this post and now it went down the hole and thats why i want it locked, no bashing of either peoples/companys products are needed.
      SPAZ, I hear you on this, but really it makes no difference wether it's stopped or not. It will only make for better search results in the future. In other words, if the thread is closed it will get discussed anyway.

Sorry the adapter is not for you. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with on your conversion.

Jon

Comment

You know what would be great? Communism. Then we wouldn't have a choice with what we did with our things.

I would personally buy the connector if I was doing a M50. Do I give a fuck what Joe Blow is doing with his M50 swap? No. Turn this shit off.
        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Jon,

how long would you estimate a DIY M50 job if it took 3 months to do subframe bushings? huh?

thanks, kthksbye

(just letting you know who the original superfreak is really)

Comment

Originally posted by rickjames
            Jon,

how long would you estimate a DIY M50 job if it took 3 months to do subframe bushings? huh?

thanks, kthksbye

COoooooollllddd blloooodddeddd.
            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh
              The whole motor was less than $800.00 why would I buy one of these from you guys when you charge 1/2 as much as the motor itself.
              I spent more on miscellaneous repairs to the motor before installation than you did on your whole engine apparently. Not all of us are going bottom-$ on our swaps. Some of us have ponied up the dough for low mileage high output engines and spent further to use all new parts to ensure that our cars would have the reliability they had before the swap. Personally, if I had a late model and this was available when I started the swap I would have considered it. I had an early model so my wiring was far too simple.

He has a market and, simply, you aren't it.
              Im now E30less.
              sigpic

Comment

Heres some more honesty. And I'm not trying to be a dick to be a dick. This is how I feel about this.
                $100.00 in parts and so you are charging $100.00/hr for labor. Sorry, I don't think I will be buying that from you guys.
                The whole motor was less than $800.00 why would I buy one of these from you guys when you charge 1/2 as much as the motor itself. Justify it however you want but I will be getting it from someone else.
                It's just simply not fairly priced.
                Justify it like this: Go to any reputable shop that regularly does conversions and ask them how much a turn-key job is. You will find answers ranging from $5000 - $15000. So a $400 solution to the hardest part of the conversion is suddenly a no brainer. This is your admission to having no respect for a companies investment in a product and a client base. You slam the price with the illogical thinking that assumes certain values for components is based on their shipping weight or some other silly parameter. I promise you pay the same "not fair price" for all kinds of components on your car and every area of life - you just have not given it thought. Man I wish we could make $100 an hour.

A good friend of mine is making urethane motor mounts for the conversion soon and he will be selling them for the same as all the other urethane motor mounts he sells. Not just because they are "rare". I don't think it's a great idea for you to be speaking of integrity.
                There should be some penalty for posters that attack OG members without being able to post any relevant FACTS. Go ahead and tell us your "good friend's" name so we can look forward to this excellent product.

This is not that rare of an item to only be getting it from THR. Maybe I'll make custom headers for the swap and sell them for $1400.00 because they are somewhat rare....So based on the price you should expect people to find other alternatives.
                Rare? It's not priced based on it's rarity. Is there a single reputable shop in the country selling M50 Wiring Harness Adapters though? If there is, I didn't know about it. In fact I supply shops with these adapters, many of them big names everyone knows.
                (no one needs $1400 custom headers, I solved that problem with the $169 CAB's we sell) ;) I don't doubt people find other alternatives, I am just amazed at the passers-by that will pick up a rock and throw it "just because". Sorry to say that R3V has some vocal ones lately.

You can't expect anyone to buy these type of parts so the E30 "forever lives on" and people wont to make parts for it. That's just funny considering there are all kinds of parts for the E30 already. I don't support companies that make parts "just because".
                DIY'ers with an $800 engine and an attitude are usually not supporting companies.

In fact we don't make parts "just because". I'm quite against it actually. I've got piles of ideas that don't deliver, but could easily be sold. I won't dare put one out for the simple fact that we ARE a company with integrity, and I won't put my name on a POS.

I had so many requests from DIY'ers like you for the Adapter that we decided to put the time into producing and supporting it. It was released in Jan 2005 and we sell one nearly every week. Somebody must like them.

Thanks for posting Josh. Believe it or not, I make parts and fix cars to help people just as much as for the money. We're a small honest shop that stands firmly on facts and truth - There's no smoke and mirrors here. It's just the real deal. Even though your goal was not realized, and you did post like a Dick, I won't hold it against you. You don't know me or my employees at all, if you did you would have posted much differently. I truly enjoy helping people with their conversions and car problems and they call from all over the world for our help. I put my heart and soul into Treehouse Racing and my wife and three babies depend on it. My customers benefit from it. Try it, you might like it.

Jon Siccardi
                Treehouse Racing

Comment

Originally posted by rickjames
                  Jon,

thanks, kthksbye

RJ,

Hahahahha.... I don't know why it took you all that time to do yours, but I've heard legends passed down from the Indians that yours was one of the WORST.

hahahahahahahahahahaha..

(sorry about your previous life)

Comment

this thread is retarded.

end of story.

Doing something M50 related? -> http://www.addissimo.com
                    On Myspace? ->http://groups.myspace.com/r3vlimited
                    BF2142 SN = BillyGoose

Comment

tyres,

i also believe most people underestimate the time during the period i spent drinking. . . . it was a lot.

and i will never again buy a car from Chicago. their winters = for the lose.

Comment

Originally posted by mpowerjon

There should be some penalty for posters that attack OG members without being able to post any relevant FACTS. Go ahead and tell us your "good friend's" name so we can look forward to this excellent product.
                        Yes there should be considering you said it about someone else here.
                        And if you do a search I have even posted John's web site and the bushings he now produces. : ) And soon to be the Motor mounts for the conversion.

Originally posted by mpowerjon

In fact we don't make parts "just because". I'm quite against it actually. I've got piles of ideas that don't deliver, but could easily be sold. I won't dare put one out for the simple fact that we ARE a company with integrity, and I won't put my name on a POS.

I had so many requests from DIY'ers like you for the Adapter that we decided to put the time into producing and supporting it. It was released in Jan 2005 and we sell one nearly every week. Somebody must like them.

Thanks for posting Josh. Believe it or not, I make parts and fix cars to help people just as much as for the money. We're a small honest shop that stands firmly on facts and truth - There's no smoke and mirrors here. It's just the real deal. Even though your goal was not realized, and you did post like a Dick, I won't hold it against you. You don't know me or my employees at all, if you did you would have posted much differently. I truly enjoy helping people with their conversions and car problems and they call from all over the world for our help. I put my heart and soul into Treehouse Racing and my wife and three babies depend on it. My customers benefit from it. Try it, you might like it.

Jon Siccardi
                        Treehouse Racing
                        As much as I still don't agree with you on most of your points the last thing I said about buying parts just because...you took that wrong. I was only pointing out that it's pointless to buy something so a shop can keep making parts for this car. Not that you make "parts just because".
                        Last edited by joshh; 12-25-2005, 12:51 AM.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Sum this thread up...

You get what you pay for.

Buy a adaper from 17 year old kid in his basement for 1/4 of the price, may work, may not. No support, and you will probably get screwed out of money and time if it goes wrong. (not trying to bash anyone whos making these I think its great you are learning how to and marketing it, I would just rather buy from a real company)

Spend $30 to make an adapter, costs time, less money, and you only have yourself to blame if things go wrong. I would personally prefer this if I had time to figure it all out. (e30 m3 and all)

Buy a THR adaper, you damn know its going to work, and if it dosnt they will fix you up, yup its costs $400, but it lets me sleep at night.

I didnt do a s52 swap for a cheap replacement, just about everything on the engine is new, $400 is nothing compared to other stuff I have put on it, again just one less thing I have to worry about.

Now bust out the mods and lock this junker.
                          Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

Originally posted by equate975
                            Sum this thread up...

lock this junker.
                            First intelligent idea. DO IT!

Comment

I love THR, I beat a 350z last night.
                              Herb
                              bmpr stkr: real racers go left and right... so tru

Comment

Originally posted by equate975
                                Buy a adaper from 17 year old kid in his basement for 1/4 of the price, may work, may not. No support, and you will probably get screwed out of money and time if it goes wrong.
                                Another intelligent thought. Lock this beauty.

Comment

Working...
                                X