Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this be done "modify the software in the DME"
    How?
    Can it be done with the gt1 (DIS) bmw program?

Comment

any decent software tuner could do it. dunno if there are any simple DIY ways, maybe with tunerpro and a custom XDF, but defintely not with a GT1 or anything like that.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Does anyone know if this

will work?

Comment

Originally posted by alndks View Post
          How?
          It looks like you got a ms41.0 that is coded for ASC. You can simply get another dme from non ASC car but you still have to flash the ews out.

Comment

I did not know that there is another dme exept ms41.0
            All manuals have only the ms41.0. What else is there?

Comment

How?
              I think I can help you. I have customers that solved this issue with a Hall to VR converter circuit. PM me and I will put you in touch with them.

Comment

When I did my Megasquirt conversion I wanted to use my front and rear speed signals (VSS1 &VSS2) to drive the traction control function.

Basically, if Megasquirt senses that the rear wheels are going faster than the front it initiates spark cut.

Read about it here: http://www.m54megasquirt3.blogspot.c...n-control.html

I discovered that my original VR to Hall circuit is awesome at conditioning the ABS signal.

Comment

So if I will use this circuit hall to vs I will get the proper speed signal for dme and the abs will operate correctly without abs light on?

Comment

So if I will use this circuit hall to vs I will get the proper speed signal for dme and the abs will operate correctly without abs light on?

Yes. You can verify with the contact I sent you.

The ABS "sees" very high impedance with circuit connected, almost nothing is drained from the ABS so it works normally. The output signal will be a pseudo-VR signal.

What is everyone else with OBD2 doing for the VSS signal???

Comment

PM me. Ill take one just to see if it works and if i have an issue in the future. As i mentioned, ive never had a car code on me as its still receiving some sort of VSS signal although low come to find out.

Check Us out on Facebook
                      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                      Full Product Line Tuning
                      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

it might only matter at low speeds where it's not meeting some minimum speed threshold in the DME.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

No, I think without a VSS signal OBD2 won't let the motor rev beyond around 5400 rpm. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                            No, I think without a VSS signal OBD2 won't let the motor rev beyond around 5400 rpm. Correct me if I'm wrong...
                            no, what I'm saying is with the wrong VSS signal (9 pulse instead of 48) at some speed it will cross the threshold where it doesn't enact the limiter. so you wouldn't notice it if you were going say, 70+mph, because even though the DME is seeing 1/5 of that speed it's just over the threshold.

what's interesting is the E46 appears to use a 10 pulse signal from the ABS computer but I haven't completely finished that project to verify. I'm fairly confident it doesn't use a 48 pulse signal though.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Its still getting 'a' signal. Just a fractional one of the correct speed so as i mentioned it doesnt care in my experience.

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                              Full Product Line Tuning
                              OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X