s50 regrind camshafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s50 regrind camshafts

they any good? heard good review from west coast riots. was wondering if anyone else is running them?

Schricks.

Check Us out on Facebook
    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
    Full Product Line Tuning
    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

I've been in a car with them and they perform almost as well as Schricks. Their dynos are accurate. That being said, Schricks can be had for $800-900 shipped minus $300-350 after selling your cams, makes them the same price as regrinds.
      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
        I've been in a car with them and they perform almost as well as Schricks. Their dynos are accurate. That being said, Schricks can be had for $800-900 shipped minus $300-350 after selling your cams, makes them the same price as regrinds.
        I and others on here have seen different results on more than the Butt Dyno.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

wait, where can you buy schricks for $8-900? I remember they were like $1400 and then all of a sudden they shot up to $1800 everywhere. Am I going crazy?

Edit: Yes, apparently I am. I see a few places in the 1100 range, which is pretty much the same price as the riot regrinds (for them to source the cams)
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

1200 from turner?

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

and they work.

Check Us out on Facebook
              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

I think the regular 264/256 Schricks are a good bump up. Any dynos with the 276/270 Schrick Sport cams? They're $1400 but I bet you can get a good amount of power up top.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

No ones had me tune a set yet :(

Check Us out on Facebook
                  Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

e30polack thanks man that made more sense to me cause I'm sure i can find someone that with an m50 that would want s50 cams =] lol and when u put it that way it makes perfect sense to jus sell em and get a set of turners. that being said i would like to jus get the 276/270 ..do you think its too much? its jus gonna be a weekend car and show car but i would like to smash on those stoopid hondus that come up to me with a swapped super beefed up vtec and be keeping up with me neck n neck lol

Comment

From my engine build, i discovered that your going to have to limit your vanos actuation slightly in order to use any came greater than the 256/264 Schricks. Honestly, found no reason to use any larger cam either. Currently passing S54 swapped E30 track cars left and right with my S52 car... ;)
                      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                        I and others on here have seen different results on more than the Butt Dyno.
                        Cool story, I ran the car with my Ti before and after cams with the stock tune and it was over a car length difference in the results. YOU may have experienced something different, but there are at least 3 members on Bimmerforums that have seen similar DYNO results to Schricks with the Riot cams.

Not jumping on a band wagon here, as buying a used set of Schricks is still a better purchase.

As for the 276/270 cams, they definitely make more power, but the best NA cams out right now are the VAC 286/272, hands down.

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

286/272 seem like an excessive amount of backsplit for what is likely a pure performance cam. id always be skeptical of using a cam where the only spec they give is a random(unspecified check point) advertised duration number
                          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                            286/272 seem like an excessive amount of backsplit for what is likely a pure performance cam. id always be skeptical of using a cam where the only spec they give is a random(unspecified check point) advertised duration number
                            Except that all the track e36 m3s are switching to these from even the popular Sunbelt option. They make more power, lose less torque in the mid range, and still offer a hydraulic lifter version.

Here is an e36 m3 with these cams at around 3,000 lbs, pulling on notably quicker cars, including an e92 m3:

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                              Cool story, I ran the car with my Ti before and after cams with the stock tune and it was over a car length difference in the results. YOU may have experienced something different, but there are at least 3 members on Bimmerforums that have seen similar DYNO results to Schricks with the Riot cams.

Not jumping on a band wagon here, as buying a used set of Schricks is still a better purchase.

As for the 276/270 cams, they definitely make more power, but the best NA cams out right now are the VAC 286/272, hands down.
                              No need to be abrasive. I have personally dyno tested these back to back on 2 different cars and also tuned 2 different additional cars with them that have made less than stellar numbers... I have made 255whp on stock cams and 255 whp on schricks on different cars/setups so the final number is inconsequential. The difference is the delta which i usually see be less. The stock lifters DO NOT take up the slack necessary to use a reground cam. Period.

Check Us out on Facebook
                              Full Product Line Tuning

Comment

Working...
                              X