S52 OBD1 Crank Position Sensor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 OBD1 Crank Position Sensor Question

So I'm sorta new to the forum, I mainly use it for researching rather than corresponding with other members so I maybe not in the know with everyone. But do we have a resident electrical, know-all guru? I have a Crank Position Sensor question. I'm getting ready to drop in a S52 previously converted to OBD1 in an E36 M3. I know I have the correct OBD1 harness. And from what I read the M44 CPS is a plug and play option. My questions is the M44 was OBD2 engine will this sensor be plug and play with my OBD1 ecu and harness? I have a CPS sensor in the rear mount currently but it doesn't have a tail so I'm guessing thats one from the S52?

-Mike

Build Thread:
    Last edited by BritishMike; 12-08-2015, 11:50 AM.

Bump Anyone?

Comment

Im pretty sure the plug in the rear mount is the OBD2 setup, OBD1 has a front trigger wheel
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I'm exactly sure what you are asking but my OBD1 S50 has the CPS on the front with a trigger wheel on the crank.

Comment

Originally posted by M3PO View Post
          I'm exactly sure what you are asking but my OBD1 S50 has the CPS on the front with a trigger wheel on the crank.
          Im referring to this post, my next step is to resurrect that thread and see if I can get anyone to answer. I under stand the front mount however if I can Id love to run the rear mounted sensor since I have an S52.

Comment

the cps that's just a plug is the OBD2 S52 rear mount unit.

sounds like that thread has all the answers to your questions - it's plug and play.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              the cps that's just a plug is the OBD2 S52 rear mount unit.

sounds like that thread has all the answers to your questions - it's plug and play.

Sorry if this all sounds dumb and simple, wiring or electronics in general is not my thing. I was also reading in another thread where by passing a connector and soldering wires together or creating own connectors can cause issues too. Thats why I was curious if this will plug into my harness.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishMike View Post
                Sorry if this all sounds dumb and simple, wiring or electronics in general is not my thing. I was also reading in another thread where by passing a connector and soldering wires together or creating own connectors can cause issues too. Thats why I was curious if this will plug into my harness.
                From reading that thread, it sounds like the M44 sensor is a plug and play solution for you.

Comment

I was able to sort to exact info I was looking for.

The part number is here 12141247622.

Maybe this will make it easier to find for someone in the future.

Thanks everyone!
                  -Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X