Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the Dyno for a week may 14th. 3 different filters. See what happens

Comment

Car is currently at the tuner. Derek Burton is tuning it. This is the Dyno run with the outerwear shitty prefilters. No more dip. Looks promising. Going to do a run without filters and with itg filters that I removed all the oil from. I will be back here with the results .
      Attached Files

Comment

I hate to say I told you so - but all of that for an extra 5wtq, and down 30whp from similar S52s.
        E92 Msport

Comment

that's about 20whp less than my stock 330i...
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            that's about 20whp less than my stock 330i...
            Us model E46 330i has 225hp from crank so about 185-195 whp. Or what kind of 330i you have.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
              us model e46 330i has 225hp from crank so about 185-195 whp. Or what kind of 330i you have.
              e90 ;)
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

e90 ;)
                Both of my E9X with the single stage made over 210whp, but about 19Xwtq. No where near that amount of low end torque though...
                E92 Msport

Comment

e90 ;)
                  Those have 268 from crank if i remember so all lines up. When conpared to stock s52 (240hp)

Comment

255. But its also a smaller motor (3.0 vs 3.2). Theoretically the S52 has more potential.

A modded S52 should at least be the same - he has ITBs and standalone among other mods! It's down on power, end of story..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

run it without filters to see whats going on as the cam timing might be fubar, foam socks or individual filters are retarded. you need an airbox and a common filter then it'll make the same or more power as open trumpets.
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                        run it without filters to see whats going on as the cam timing might be fubar, foam socks or individual filters are retarded. you need an airbox and a common filter then it'll make the same or more power as open trumpets.
                        He's admitted the cam timing is off, but he wants to work around it because he likes the torque.
                        E92 Msport

Comment

255. But its also a smaller motor (3.0 vs 3.2). Theoretically the S52 has more potential.
                          Well displacement only defines the torque potential. That's why it has more torque. Power is defined by how well the engine breathes (how high rpm you can use that torque potential). If only thing different between engines is displacememt, those normally make about some amount of power. But different amount of torque.

Comment

Sure - except its not even making more torque than a stock, unmodded BMW motor with less displacement (or even similar, stock S52s).

He asked for opinions, he's down on power - there's nothing else to say unless he also wants some help getting it set up properly.
                            Last edited by nando; 06-03-2018, 03:53 PM.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It's done . Making pretty much peak torque right off of idle. 220-227 wtq from 2.5k - 4.25k. 235whp is enough for this car. No dips. Runs and drives perfect. The throttle response makes it feel like the car weighs 500lbs. It's nuts and a blast to drive. We did it without filters and got 7 more wtq and 7 whp. Not enough for me to ever take them off so the filters will be staying on.
                              Attached Files

Comment

And the sound it makes at WOT is awesome.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X