Euro S50 and Brake Boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric View Post
    Last i spoke with mike, he was not making the modified pedal assymbly, but was making an adapter to run dual MC's inside the engine bay with plenty of clearence for euro S50 intakes.

on an unrelated note, i'm running willwood SL6 front and SL4R rear with a 25mm MC and i absolutely love my brakes!
    with or without a booster?

do you have current contact info for Mike?
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

with a normal 325 booster.

The email i used to correspond with him was the same one Lee posted above. My last email from him was in march though...

I'm glad this thread was revived since i still need to order one of his MC kits for my S50B30 swap.
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
        with a normal 325 booster.

The email i used to correspond with him was the same one Lee posted above. My last email from him was in march though...

I'm glad this thread was revived since i still need to order one of his MC kits for my S50B30 swap.
        Let me know if you get through to him. I emailed and pm'ed a few days ago and haven't heard.
        e30sport.net

Comment

Mike

Anyone heard from Mike B.?
          I sent him an email but no response yet either.

Comment

I got a PM from him yesterday. He is still making the CNC masters as a put it together yourself kit. Not making the full pedal box anymore.

I contacted a Tilton engineer and I am trying to find an extra pedal box to build my own if there is interest.
            e30sport.net

Comment

Does anyone have the contact info for Mike B..

Comment

does anyone know where I can get that master cylinder set up like the one Matt B has. I am having a lil trouble getting the CF box in my euro swap since the 2002 booster is not allowing clearance.
                Last edited by sonnyqm3; 09-08-2010, 08:17 PM.

Comment

anyone have his info..

edit: I found his email.
                  Last edited by sonnyqm3; 09-12-2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyqm3 View Post
                    I am having a lil trouble getting the CF box in my euro swap since the 2002 booster is not allowing clearance.
                    Are you implying that you were running the 2002 booster with the stock intake?

If you get in touch with Mike B, have him offset the masters to the side to give you extra room for the CF airbox. If I recall correctly, I moved mine over half an inch when I installed my CF box.

Comment

Mike Bonkalski --- motomotions@gmail.com

BTW Only the smallish Geo Metro brake booster will fit, then you must use a Geo Metro MC. It's a crappy way to do. Either go fully mechanical if the car's track-only, or fit a hydraulic booster system from an e23, or e28 (e23 is prefered as it is 1" shorter).
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                        Mike Bonkalski --- motomotions@gmail.com

BTW Only the smallish Geo Metro brake booster will fit, then you must use a Geo Metro MC. It's a crappy way to do. Either go fully mechanical if the car's track-only, or fit a hydraulic booster system from an e23, or e28 (e23 is prefered as it is 1" shorter).
                        I am using the 2002 booster and it clears the intake plenum by like a hair.lol. But when I try to install the CF box then I am short about an inch of clearance.. I would like to go with Mike B's set up but having trouble getting a hold of him.. I have used a geo metro before but cant remember what yr it was and if it was a 1.0 or 1.3 liter.. any input.

Comment

Not universal experience

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          A customer of mine, Jeff Herrmann has adapted one of the two Geo Metro brake boosters and retained the stock E30M3 MC.

He has been thrilled with the brake feel, I do believe he's using a complete brake set up from you Lee actually, and I'm sure that contributes greatly to his level of satisfaction with the project.

(although this doesn't speak to whether or not the CF intake will clear the Metro part, my recollection is that Jeff's existing oil dipstick was the great evil that precluded doing a quick swap for him and a test fit. He posts in here occasionally, maybe he can add in his views of the Geo Metro parts and E30 MC combination)

By the way, nothing but the greatest respect to Mike B too, he got his euro from me years ago, and I knew from the get-go that he was going to fabricate a really cool solution to the issue. I would fully support getting his products as well, everyone has been happy with them. I know Jeff had some work to do to make the E30 MC fit, but his fabrication skills are quite good, so it may not be for everyone either... ie, off the shelf may suit some people better.

as always, YMMV!

(back to the grindstone, S54 in, plumbing done, have to get the gearbox in, and the newly revised harness for knock and gauge package finished...can taste it! Shiney exhaust bits in, can't wait to install)
                          sigpic
                          Trying to make the world a better place, 6 TB at a time.
                          http://abloriginalparts.com/

Comment

I am going to use the Geo Metro booster for the time being and then buy the CNC twin master cylinder and have a local machine shop mock up the brackets. I just want to finish up the swap meanwhile so I can drive it while we still have nice weather..

Comment

Originally posted by M3 euro ltw View Post
                              A customer of mine, Jeff Herrmann has adapted one of the two Geo Metro brake boosters and retained the stock E30M3 MC.)
                              that is VERY impressive. i "tried" that too. The geo booster has a smaller hole for the master to fit into. i cut that out and made an adapter bracket for the m3 master. i started to weld it onto the geo booster, smelt burning rubber and assumed i burn the inner diaphram ...... and the master hit the intake boot.... i ended up throwing everything in the metal bin.

NEVER found a solution I was happy with.
                              have a 3 pedal w/ tiltons now. very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason89i View Post
                                that is VERY impressive. i "tried" that too. The geo booster has a smaller hole for the master to fit into. i cut that out and made an adapter bracket for the m3 master. i started to weld it onto the geo booster, smelt burning rubber and assumed i burn the inner diaphram ...... and the master hit the intake boot.... i ended up throwing everything in the metal bin.

NEVER found a solution I was happy with.
                                have a 3 pedal w/ tiltons now. very happy.
                                I just got smaller version on the Geo Metro and in the process of modifying the shaft and making the M3 master to fit. Its a lil work but I think I will get it done..

Comment

Working...
                                X