260 Transmission Brace - production begins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew325is
    I'm interested! Would you ship to Australia?
    If your check clears, I'll ship anywhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30 gangsta
    replied
    Originally posted by madjurgen
    not true
    If your car sees somewhat heavy track days then you should have them. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • madjurgen
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 gangsta
    Becuase most m20 guys already have poly mounts.
    not true

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew325is
    replied
    I'm interested! Would you ship to Australia?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30 gangsta
    replied
    See if you can pull it off with the stock mount. Becuase most m20 guys already have poly mounts.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    I made my support with the e21 mounts because they are fairly cheap and very strong.

    I don't think what mount you use will matter but how about this - I will buy the stock mounts tomorrow and install them this weekend. I have a lift so it won't take long to do. I'll take some measurements and see if there are any problems. Will that be O.K. with everyone? I can take a few pics too if you'd like.

    If anyone wants to use yet another mount, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

    In this picture, the e21 mount is on the left.

    Thanks for your interest!
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • tonytony
    replied
    Originally posted by trent
    haha you guys are great, and i told you how to do it with stock mounts :P
    i'm giving it a try:)

    Leave a comment:


  • Lof8
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    In a couple words, this brace is needed if one was to use a 260 with m50 swap, correct ?
    It can be done without one, but this modified brace simplifies things slightly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Beej '86 325es
    replied
    Originally posted by trent
    haha you guys are great, and i told you how to do it with stock mounts :P
    True. :) I'd rather use my urethane E30 mounts if possible though.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitch500
    replied
    sweet ass!!!, im down for one in a couple weeks.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30pq
    replied
    I'm intersted. Let me know what you need from me to move forward.

    Thanks
    Paul Q

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    In a couple words, this brace is needed if one was to use a 260 with m50 swap, correct ?

    Leave a comment:


  • trent
    Guest replied
    haha you guys are great, and i told you how to do it with stock mounts :P

    Leave a comment:


  • Beej '86 325es
    replied
    I'm in as well. :D

    Would using E30 mounts change the bracket shape or just the hole diameter?

    Leave a comment:


  • bmws50b30
    replied
    this is great. I'm in.

    Leave a comment:

Working...