260 Transmission Brace - production begins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tonytony
    replied
    what's wrong with your mount?

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    I want one now.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitch500
    replied
    well got my modified tranny brace in today, looks awesome doug did a wicked job. +1 for him and everything went really smooth.

    Leave a comment:


  • skatebline
    replied
    So who would and how will have to contact to order one.....

    Leave a comment:


  • skatebline
    replied
    Alright i would like to get one also.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by Court M3
    +1
    I got my brace from Doug a week or so ago. All good, and Doug's a great guy to deal with.

    Leave a comment:


  • BigD
    replied
    Originally posted by trent
    haha you guys are great, and i told you how to do it with stock mounts :P
    Bump for people with attention disorders. There is no need to wait and hope for any custom brackets. PM trent and he will tell you which mounts set the transmission at the proper angle on the stock brace.

    Leave a comment:


  • Court M3
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew325is
    Any updates on production?
    +1

    Leave a comment:


  • RobertK
    replied
    Just got with the program.

    Once I start my swap I would be down for one as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew325is
    replied
    Any updates on production?

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    Yes, the studs are too large for the brace, so you have to drill it out. You can see on the first page that the stud is larger. Also the trans housing might have to be slightly modified as well.
    Fred is right. The stud is much bigger. Surprisingly, it fits into the slots of the transmission just fine though. When the support is modified, we can't use any of the existing holes anyway so a new one is drilled to fit the larger stud. On the lower side, we mill a slot in the brace for the other mount. A slot makes it easier to install in the car.

    I didn't have to modify the transmission at all and no one has complained about that either.

    At least not yet!

    Thanks for your help Fred. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by browntown
    I don't really know what I'm talking about though and this is purely red wind induced conjecture. /guess at problem
    Ha ha! I often feel that way but rarely admit it.

    When my swap was done, the shift rod was not rotated. I noticed it at first but quickly got used to it. It wasn't until a friend pointed it out that I remembered it was on the To-Do list.

    The transmission shifted fine. It's just that the shifter sits over toward the passenger more than usual.

    I've since fixed it.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Yes, the studs are too large for the brace, so you have to drill it out. You can see on the first page that the stud is larger. Also the trans housing might have to be slightly modified as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mr.SWISS
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    They are from the E21 320i. Part number is 23711175424.
    I dunno if I got the wrong ones but when I went to install my 320i trans mounts the stud was to large for the hole in the brace. I just used the e36 mounts.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    They are from the E21 320i. Part number is 23711175424.

    Leave a comment:

Working...