260 Transmission Brace - production begins

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    Haha, solid lookin bandsaw!
    Fred - thanks for appreciating my lame sense of humor!



    To modify these supports, we use both welders, the metal brake (seen through the wood bandsaw), the milling machine in the corner as well as a parts washer, Zero Blast bead blaster, acetylene torch, assorted pneumatic cutoff tools and grinders, paint guns and best of all - Jack.

    Here's to you, Jack - :bow:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • streetknight
    replied
    hey i am making mi own and would like to know how much taller is the side thats lifted, i already did the lower side but the upper or pass. side i was not sure of.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Groupie
    I am going to possibly want one of these in the next few weeks. How would it work to send you my brace as a core after I have gotten yours? Just curious.

    No problem. Here's one we just finished.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Haha, solid lookin bandsaw!

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    I am going to possibly want one of these in the next few weeks. How would it work to send you my brace as a core after I have gotten yours? Just curious.

    Leave a comment:


  • skatebline
    replied
    Im gonna need to make one too. or will the stock the one work??

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew325is
    replied
    Awesome...this is the last part I need for my M52B28 swap!

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Oops - sorry Jack! I mean here is our test mule:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew325is
    I assume you're still getting the 5 in though yeah?...just going to be a little more time???
    Still getting the 5 supports. The templates are made, metal pieces are cut out and bead blasted - ready for welding. I'm just waiting on the supports.

    Here is our test mule
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by dougsic
    Soo, I need cores!
    I assume you're still getting the 5 in though yeah?...just going to be a little more time???

    Leave a comment:


  • dougsic
    replied
    vr4boy - you've got mail.

    I ordered 5 transmission supports two weeks ago and was told they'd go right out. I called this morning as I've been anxiously awaiting their arrival.

    I was told, "Oh, they will go out today or tomorrow." GEE THANKS!

    Soo, I need cores!

    Paul (e30pq) shipped me his support and it arrived today. We started on it this evening. I'll weld it up tomorrow.

    If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll paint it and it will go back the following day. Epoxy paint doesn't dry too well if it's really humid.

    Thanks everyone for your interest and especially your patience.

    I'd planned on having 5 in stock so you wouldn't have to wait, but here we are - waiting. Sorry!

    If you have a support I can use, PM me and we'll get moving.

    Here's Pauls:
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • browntown
    replied
    I'm a long way from needing one, but subscribing to see how this goes.

    Leave a comment:


  • rob_e30
    replied
    Are you ready to ship? How do you handle payment? I'm ready for one ASAP.

    Leave a comment:


  • vr4boy
    replied
    i need one too-where are you located in md? i can maybe drop off my tranny mount...pm me for details...

    Leave a comment:


  • Drew325is
    replied
    Originally posted by dougsic
    If your check clears, I'll ship anywhere.
    :) Nice...you got pm.

    Leave a comment:

Working...