Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jand3rson
    replied
    It sounds to me like you might have a bad ECU. Try a new one and see if it helps. Easier said than done, I know, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    still nothing.. I'm still hitting a rev limiter at 2.5-3k max and it cuts in between that and idle

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    won't stay alive when I unplug it.
    The charcoal canister is supposed to have air sucked through the bottom right?

I'm searching for all sorts of vacuum leaks.

Leave a comment:

• bimerok
    replied
    Don't disconnect it while the car is running. Disconect the maf then stert the car and see if it runs better

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    disconnecting the maf kills it

Leave a comment:

• bimerok
    replied
    Check engine is flashing means you're dumping raw fuel into your cats. It tells you the danger of melting them.

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor and see if there is improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    Thanks again for your help guys.
    So I got the o2 sensor in and now I have some running issues.

When I hit the gas and hold it at part or full throttle, It will r3v to a certain rpm and then cut fuel and spark then rev then cut, then rev then cut. over and over like an idle surge if you had bad vacuum lines but all mine are good.

I unhooked the TPS and noticed no difference at all, I also tried messing with the tps off the throttle and it didn't effect the engine at all.

I noticed if I restrict the intake/MAF then I can rev it a lil higher but still rev then cut.

Then after try to rev it the check engine light starts flashing so I cut it off.

When I try to do the stomp test I get nothing.

91 318is M50nv help

Leave a comment:

• JGood
    replied
    Regarding the O2 sensor connector location, there are 4 main branches coming out of the harness 'box' (the black plastic box that sits against the firewall and houses all the wires). One goes to the DME, one goes to the coil packs, one goes to the diagnostic connectors/MAF sensor, and finally the last one goes under the intake manifold to all the other sensors: ICV, temp sensor, crank position sensor, etc... And that is where the larger round O2 sensor connector is, bundled with those. So it is likely tucked up under the intake manifold somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    It has to be there. The car it came from had an 02 sensor, so it's there, you're just not seeing it.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson View Post
    I don't know the wire color off-hand, but it's the only connector like it in the harness, you should be able to find it fairly easily.

If you don't have it, that's worrying...
    ok lol. Thanks again! It might be tucked somewhere. Checking for it now.

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    I don't know the wire color off-hand, but it's the only connector like it in the harness, you should be able to find it fairly easily.

If you don't have it, that's worrying...

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    Originally posted by Janderson View Post
    It's a round twist-lock connector.

Thanks for taking your time to add pix. I can't seem to find it in my harness.
    Does it come out from the harness near the starter? and do you know wire color?
    Last edited by Vtec?lol; 08-23-2011, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jand3rson
    replied
    It's a round twist-lock connector.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec?lol
    replied
    can someone help me locate where the o2 sensor plug wire is for my m50nv from an e34 harness?
    is it a round connector or squared? and what colored wires?

Leave a comment:

• dubseven
    replied
    Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
    Most people use the 2002 res with that setup.

You can make a stud there to hold it or you can do a M42 rad and eliminate it all together.
    Did a 2002 res for the brake booster........ Turned out really clean, love it!

As for coolant, ended up just fabricating an aluminum reservoir..... Mounted in tray behind passenger strut tower. Looks pretty trick ;)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X