Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jalves619 View Post
    Anybody know what this connector is for? It's in the engine bay and runs into the fusebox but not to any fuses. Wire colors are blue & brown/red into the box where there is a connector. After the connector it leads straight into the interior. Car is a 85 325e which I have the etm for but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Thanks in advance.

outside temp sensor, or factory alarm tap?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Okay, so I'm getting an S50 and Getrag 260 for my E30 soon. I need to pick up a flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate.

What motor should I use the flywheel, clutch, pp, etc. from? S50 or M20 starter?

Basically configure my engine-transmission connection, I'm confused and want to be sure I'm 100% right before I do anything in terms of parts purchases.

Comment

Hey guys, Im in the middle of wiring up my auto>5speed 24v swap. On my 91 325is there are 2 connections that go from the interior to the m20 harness through the glovebox. One connection is green/black and the other is black/red, black/violet. Since Im doing an M52 swap, I need to know where these wires would connect to the m50tu harness. I know that the green/black wire is for the automatic neutral safety switch. I do not know what the black/red, black/violet wires are for.

What do I need to splice to what? Please help! Im finally almost done with my swap!
        ^M52B28^

Comment

I can use S50 fly, clutch, pp, throwout bearing and starter, will need g260 pilot bearing and it all bolts directly onto s50 that way.

Found it on e30tech....r3v's slackin here!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Comment

On the REVSHIFT mounts which side bolts up to the car, and which side bolts to the mount arms. They are offset bolt pattern. One of hte bolts are in the middle of the bount,, and the other is off set a bit.Anyone know , trying to finish this swap

Comment

I dropped mine in with the offset stud facing down and the centered stud going through the engine arm. If you look at some pictures of the green mounts it should give you a better idea.

Comment

So I have an 86 325ES with an M50. Ix booster, not sure which res, but the install was a total hack. Installing a 2002 res remotely - is there any better solution?

Secondly, I have an 89 coolant res, but there is no mounting stud on the fender. How are you supposed to mount it on early cars with no stud?

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by ar design View Post
                    So I have an 86 325ES with an M50. Ix booster, not sure which res, but the install was a total hack. Installing a 2002 res remotely - is there any better solution?

Secondly, I have an 89 coolant res, but there is no mounting stud on the fender. How are you supposed to mount it on early cars with no stud?
                    Most people use the 2002 res with that setup.

You can make a stud there to hold it or you can do a M42 rad and eliminate it all together.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I did the majority of my harness wiring tonight (NV M50 into 89 E30) and I hooked up 13 wires. I made my own chart with colors, pin numbers, page numbers on the EMTs and all. I cross referenced this with AKG and matched them up. I was unsure about one thing. Oil Temp pin 19 on car side and X6031 pin 10 on engine side. What are these and how do I wire it?
                      r3vlimited Lanyard Group Buy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A_Whelan View Post
                        I did the majority of my harness wiring tonight (NV M50 into 89 E30) and I hooked up 13 wires. I made my own chart with colors, pin numbers, page numbers on the EMTs and all. I cross referenced this with AKG and matched them up. I was unsure about one thing. Oil Temp pin 19 on car side and X6031 pin 10 on engine side. What are these and how do I wire it?
                        I think this is only present on Euro engines (engine harness side) and E30 M3 (car side). They have an oil temp gauge in place of the "fun-o-meter" fuel economy meter on your average E30.
                        sigpic
                        Bodykit courtesy of BMW M GmbH.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
                          Most people use the 2002 res with that setup.

You can make a stud there to hold it or you can do a M42 rad and eliminate it all together.
                          Did a 2002 res for the brake booster........ Turned out really clean, love it!

As for coolant, ended up just fabricating an aluminum reservoir..... Mounted in tray behind passenger strut tower. Looks pretty trick ;)

Comment

can someone help me locate where the o2 sensor plug wire is for my m50nv from an e34 harness?
                            is it a round connector or squared? and what colored wires?

Comment

It's a round twist-lock connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                                It's a round twist-lock connector.

Thanks for taking your time to add pix. I can't seem to find it in my harness.
                                Does it come out from the harness near the starter? and do you know wire color?
                                Last edited by Vtec?lol; 08-23-2011, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X