My m52 budget swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
    Wow. I don't see how the car would run with the CPS sensor plug in such bad shape. Good find, your build is coming along nicely. MJ
    I believe it just makes the timing extremely retarded and it runs in a limp mode. No real power. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally made the A/C lines
      IMG_6708 2 by keaton.burleson, on Flickr

Still waiting on a few more things to install, but progress!

I replaced the MAF with a $30 used unit, and my CEL went away. My speedometer is still come and go. Thinking its the connector/wiring to the diff, hopefully easy to track down.

Comment

My connectors finally arrived. Hopefully AC this weekend. I ordered the Garagastic 24v transmission crossmember and E21 mounts too, hopefully those will be here sooner rather than later. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 128keaton View Post
          My connectors finally arrived. Hopefully AC this weekend. I ordered the Garagastic 24v transmission crossmember and E21 mounts too, hopefully those will be here sooner rather than later. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Why e21 mounts??

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post

Why e21 mounts??
            They're stiffer than stock but without raising NVH too bad
            1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
              They're stiffer than stock but without raising NVH too bad
              Cheap too! I had OE rubber E30 mounts and they are surprisingly “squishy” in a sense. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my MAF P0101 code came back. I guess I'm going vacuum leak hunting this weekend. Ugh.

Comment

I got the A/C working. Need to redo/clean up some of the wiring, but that'll wait until this weekend. The idling problem is really bothering me, that and the MAF code which have to be related. Maybe the O'ring on the ICV outlet on the intake is messed up. Or leaking around the IAT sensor. Ugh. Any suggestions? I also had to order a NOS A/C button since mine stopped clicking in, so its just jumped via a wire.

Comment

Originally posted by 128keaton View Post
                    I got the A/C working. Need to redo/clean up some of the wiring, but that'll wait until this weekend. The idling problem is really bothering me, that and the MAF code which have to be related. Maybe the O'ring on the ICV outlet on the intake is messed up. Or leaking around the IAT sensor. Ugh. Any suggestions? I also had to order a NOS A/C button since mine stopped clicking in, so its just jumped via a wire.
                    If its a air leak, you can find it by spraying carb cleaner around areas with seals and listen for the idle to change.

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post

If its a air leak, you can find it by spraying carb cleaner around areas with seals and listen for the idle to change.
                      That is currently the plan.

I got my new A/C button in today, but the damn thing won't go all the way in on the right.

STILL waiting on my Garagastic brace. Been over a week.

Comment

Hey man - is that a metal bumper car I see? I swapped mine many years ago, its been sitting out in the driveway growing moss on it ROFL. I am finally revisiting it - it runs well, just needs a shorter diff and P/S. Ended up getting the chasebays P/S stuff just today. I need wheels/tires - have you decided on a setup? Did you just do a bumper tuck or euro bumpers? I am thinking of drilling the bumper shocks out... TOMORROW rofl.

Anywho - just some motivation!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
                          Hey man - is that a metal bumper car I see? I swapped mine many years ago, its been sitting out in the driveway growing moss on it ROFL. I am finally revisiting it - it runs well, just needs a shorter diff and P/S. Ended up getting the chasebays P/S stuff just today. I need wheels/tires - have you decided on a setup? Did you just do a bumper tuck or euro bumpers? I am thinking of drilling the bumper shocks out... TOMORROW rofl. Anywho - just some motivation!
                          Yessir. It was. 325 which used early stuff in ‘87, guess it was a way of clearing the warehouses of parts. I have a 4.10 lol. Rocket but doesn’t get great mileage. I’m a big fan of basketweaves but I haven’t focused on putting my hands on a set yet, COVID-related stuff has slowed me down considerably. That’s what I did. I really like the front tuck. Keeps the slab look without it looking too dorky. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	117833780_311208136875282_763747019886175738_n.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	9945652
                            I've been monitoring some coolant loss and I was pretty sure it was the cap until today when I find a puddle on the right hand side. My t stat housing I believe is the source, as that was the problem "area" (snapped housing bolt gone wrong). Yuck. I have a spare head but it would need to be planed and checked for cracks. That or weld a stud on it if I can find someone to weld aluminum.

Comment

I received my HR super sport springs today. Got me excited. I tore down the other head and removed the camshafts. Idk why people say these will bend. The cam ledges would bend first regardless. The other head looks pretty good, definitely usable with a rebuild. My cams are trashed though.
                              Anyone have some decent used M52 cams with caps/ledges for sale?

IMG_7110 by keaton.burleson, on Flickr
                              IMG_7106 by keaton.burleson, on Flickr
                              IMG_7112 by keaton.burleson, on Flickr

My ledges are okay, but the caps on the exhaust side are pretty bad.

Comment

Ordered an exhaust camshaft. Machine shop thought caps and ledges looked fine, so reusing those. Head is being reworked sometime this week thank goodness. Hoping all the valves are okay!

One question, does anyone know what these red things are for in the HG kit?

62033699546__2FE34F85-DE5A-4B4B-88A5-338F87E7D5FA by keaton.burleson, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X