X3 Vacuum Booster Adapter Fittings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X3 Vacuum Booster Adapter Fittings

I'm in the process of installing an X3 Vacuum Brake Booster into my M50 swapped 1988 Coupe. Does anyone know what adapter fittings I need for the brake lines? I bought M10 to M12 adapters, but they only fit into the X30 Master Cylinder. The lines won't fit into the M10 side.

Sub'd. I am going that same route but have not got there yet. My suggestion is head to o'Reilys, that have some adapters there.

Comment

As you can see the M12 side is a taper fit and M10 side is also tapered for the e30 bubble flare brake line. This is very important because threads don't seal the system from leaks, the taper ends do.
      Last edited by KIRIEIW; 05-15-2020, 08:27 PM.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
        As you can see the M12 side is a taper fit and M10 side is also tapered for the e30 bubble flare brake line. This is very important because threads don't seal the system from leaks, the taper ends do.
        Originally posted by twright View Post
        I'm in the process of installing an X3 Vacuum Brake Booster into my M50 swapped 1988 Coupe. Does anyone know what adapter fittings I need for the brake lines? I bought M10 to M12 adapters, but they only fit into the X30 Master Cylinder. The lines won't fit into the M10 side.
        Guys is this a better performing brake booster then the 944 unit in my 1987 e30/s52? I get that it is from a newer car model, but does it perform better as in slow/stop the car quicker or does it have better brake pedal feel? I would like better brakes without shelling out for a bbk or doing the 5 lug thing so frankly anything thing would help at this point. Yes I know this is not a bbk bandaid but am curioius as to the advantages if any over what I have installed. I currently run brembo solid rotors, Hawk-hp10 pads and some r3v/homemade brake duct venting with motul brake fluid flushed through every 6 mos.
        Thank you in advance for your reply.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49900040611_5bf428b773_z.jpg
Views:	951
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	9925957

Click image for larger version

Name:	49900342712_5b78ddd036_m.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	9925958

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post

Guys is this a better performing brake booster then the 944 unit in my 1987 e30/s52? I get that it is from a newer car model, but does it perform better as in slow/stop the car quicker or does it have better brake pedal feel? I would like better brakes without shelling out for a bbk or doing the 5 lug thing so frankly anything thing would help at this point. Yes I know this is not a bbk bandaid but am curioius as to the advantages if any over what I have installed. I currently run brembo solid rotors, Hawk-hp10 pads and some r3v/homemade brake duct venting with motul brake fluid flushed through every 6 mos.
          Thank you in advance for your reply.

I have the 944 booster in my 92' convertible and the X3 booster in my 89' 325i. The X3 booster has a much better pedal feel and I'd say it's worth the upgrade. Little more work to install the X3 booster but once you modify the clevis it's a direct bolt in booster swap, with a much better pedal feel then the 944. You won't need a BBK after the X3 booster (or e90 brake booster for that matter).

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Thanks, that's just what I needed. Most of the adapter fittings available don't have that bubble flair end on BOTH sides.

Comment

Here is the p/n I used from summit racing:

EDD-267000

The picture is not the actual product, they sent me the correct brass fittings.

Comment

I have the 944 booster in my 92' convertible and the X3 booster in my 89' 325i. The X3 booster has a much better pedal feel and I'd say it's worth the upgrade. Little more work to install the X3 booster but once you modify the clevis it's a direct bolt in booster swap, with a much better pedal feel then the 944. You won't need a BBK after the X3 booster (or e90 brake booster for that matter).
                KIRIEW I appreciate the information.

Comment

And this is why the forum is better than the FB group. Thanks guys.

Comment

so I planned on doing this exact X3 booster swap in the next 2 weeks and when I held up the X3 booster to the E30 I noticed that it only had 2 long studs to go through the firewall instead of 4 and the 2 studs don't even line up for 2 holes on the wall? Any of you guys had the same issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiner View Post
                      so I planned on doing this exact X3 booster swap in the next 2 weeks and when I held up the X3 booster to the E30 I noticed that it only had 2 long studs to go through the firewall instead of 4 and the 2 studs don't even line up for 2 holes on the wall? Any of you guys had the same issue?
                      Take the 2 nuts off the 2 “shorter” studs and pop off the bracket thing. The 2 shorter studs that had the nuts on them line up perfectly with the firewall holes and bolt up. I’ll get you a picture if needed, just put in a X3 booster yesterday Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDecay View Post
                        Take the 2 nuts off the 2 “shorter” studs and pop off the bracket thing. The 2 shorter studs that had the nuts on them line up perfectly with the firewall holes and bolt up. I’ll get you a picture if needed, just put in a X3 booster yesterday Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This is a poorly draw pic that I did from Google but take the bolts in yellow off and pry up the whole bracket thing outlined in red. Leaves you with 2 studs to bolt in

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the pic and drawing. Very helpful. What clevis pin did you use and do you perhaps have a pic of it modified?

Comment

Stock Clevis fork from your e30 brake booster. You’ll need to cut off the clevis fork from the X3 booster and slim down the X3 rod a bit (I just took a grinder to it to shave off a few MMs). Then tap the rod to fit the e30 clevis fork (don’t remember what size I used but I’ll check tomorrow if you need). Make sure the new X3 rod/clevis extends the same length that the e30 rod/clevis did from the base of the booster also. Mine bolted right up and fit perfectly to the brake pedal

Comment

Got it and thanks so much for your help

Comment

Working...
                              X