No announcement yet.

Starting my M54B30 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have any wiring schemes, to connect m52b28tu engine wiring - to e30 connector?

I`m also installing m52b28tu @e30, but in my option it will be with EWS and all other things. Only when collect some extra founds will - flash out EWS and secondary lambda sensors + chip.

Comment

I'm not using any sort of stock ECU so I wouldn't really be able to help you much. You can program out EWS though if you want, that's what I would do if I were using the stock ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
        I'm not using any sort of stock ECU so I wouldn't really be able to help you much. You can program out EWS though if you want, that's what I would do if I were using the stock ECU.
        not stock ECU - thats fine, but what about connection to e30 C101 pin? starter, alternator, ignition, wires?
        Or you made all wiring - custom?

Comment

I haven't done any wiring E30 side yet.

Comment

Ordered my wideband finally, however I'll be Megasquirting my daily first. It's a 1990 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 and with the only mod I've done, boring the MAF .250" over, it gained a bunch of power but lost a bunch of fuel economy. I want to have both, it's my daily, so I'll MS3X it before I dig into my E30 more.

edit: bought my copy of TunerStudio and MegaLogViewer yesterday. Have everything I need to MS the Pathfinder coming in this week as well.
            Last edited by Elysian; 06-10-2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Got engine running, with OEM MS42 Siemens.
              Not too much problems, to get it done, only if u`re having - EWS, ECU, Engine from same car.
              Attached Files

Comment

When you were pulling parts from your e46, why did you stick with the g260 instead of using the stock e46 transmission (assuming it was a standard) ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dableds View Post
                  Not too much problems, to get it done, only if u`re having - EWS, ECU, Engine from same car.
                  How did you place the ECU? The cable harness (at least on my version of the m52b28tu from e46) is painfully short for any reasonable placing of the ECU. I was planning an installation inside the car, but it seems that the cable harness is so short, that I need to find place for the ECU under the hood.

Comment

Get a Z3 main engine harness.
                    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                      Get a Z3 main engine harness.
                      Thanks! One worry less :)

Comment

Originally posted by dableds View Post
                        One more question, what did you do with the secondary lambda sensors? My car does not need cats (car is used for racing only), so the secondary lambda sensors need to be disabled somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by jjt View Post
                          One more question, what did you do with the secondary lambda sensors? My car does not need cats (car is used for racing only), so the secondary lambda sensors need to be disabled somehow.
                          Z3 or 5 series harness will work and be long enough for E30 application. There is a euro tune for MS42, deletes most of the emission stuff. You need body module with ews3.3 if you will keep the ews. I am working on more detailed instructions, will post it in few days.

ps: E30 realy moves fast with M54B30, its a joy to drive it
                          Last edited by DesertBMW; 09-24-2014, 07:21 PM. Reason: added photos

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
                            Z3 or 5 series harness will work and be long enough for E30 application. There is a euro tune for MS42, deletes most of the emission stuff. You need body module with ews3.3 if you will keep the ews. I am working on more detailed instructions, will post it in few days.
                            What does the "euro tune" mean? The engine is from a car, that was sold in Britain originally. Also the exhaust manifolds look different than in my old 330ci e46, see the pic. Maybe the car did not have secondary lambdas? I have a friend who says, he can disable the EWS from the ECU, hopefully so :) Otherwise I'll have to start thinking of other possible engine management systems.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jjt View Post
                              What does the "euro tune" mean? The engine is from a car, that was sold in Britain originally. Also the exhaust manifolds look different than in my old 330ci e46, see the pic. Maybe the car did not have secondary lambdas? I have a friend who says, he can disable the EWS from the ECU, hopefully so :) Otherwise I'll have to start thinking of other possible engine management systems.
                              That's it then, in some EU countries cars did not require emissions regulations until 2001 so that's what I was reffering too. I did not know TU en England came with E36 exhaust manifolds, that's nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
                                That's it then, in some EU countries cars did not require emissions regulations until 2001 so that's what I was reffering too. I did not know TU en England came with E36 exhaust manifolds, that's nice to see.
                                The exhaust manifolds are a bit of a mystery for me, tried to verify, that the E46 indeed has had manifolds without cats but only found this from realoem: http://realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?mo...18&hg=11&fg=50

Even if you click the last diagram, where the manifold looks like the one, I have, it says "No parts found matching your car."

Anyone from England who can verify this?

Also the engine is from a 10/1999 car and it has the exhaust air pump. (or the valve atleast). My Finland sold 10/2001 330ci did NOT have the air pump. Interesting...

Comment

Working...
                                X