Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driven this car!

Comment

sorry if this has been asked or if you specified. but i was wondering on the areoquip hoses did you get the 6 foot length? x2?

i didn't see shorter and seems like 6 is a lot

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBe30 View Post
        sorry if this has been asked or if you specified. but i was wondering on the areoquip hoses did you get the 6 foot length? x2?

i didn't see shorter and seems like 6 is a lot
        I bought it by the foot. Just measure how much you need.
        Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Thanks andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing build. I would love to do one....one day and use it as a DD.

But I would need to keep the AC

Comment

Hi what have you done with the muffler? Is the car now very loud or have you done or used a muffler that sounds exactly like the OEM one.

Thanks in advance
              Dimitris

Comment

Originally posted by TSAF View Post
                Hi what have you done with the muffler? Is the car now very loud or have you done or used a muffler that sounds exactly like the OEM one.

Thanks in advance
                Dimitris
                Hey Dimitris,

I used a stock Euro E36 M3 muffler that is then plumbed directly to the catalytic converters. It sounded very nice. It was not loud at all. No "drone" at highway speed as some E46 M3 owners complain about.

Comment

Originally on mine I fitted the muffler from a S50 B32. I wanted to be as close to BMW (sound & looks) as possible but on the dyno we found out that the muffler was "chocking" the engine so I had a custom one made. Now the engine breaths right but the sound is really loud and I do not like it.

Comment

Originally posted by TSAF View Post
                    Originally on mine I fitted the muffler from a S50 B32. I wanted to be as close to BMW (sound & looks) as possible but on the dyno we found out that the muffler was "chocking" the engine so I had a custom one made. Now the engine breaths right but the sound is really loud and I do not like it.
                    That's very interesting. I guess they need to design you a quiet muffler. :) You could install a second muffler mid-way in the exhaust.

Comment

I would like to use the stock oem muffler again but how can I make sure it wont choke the engine. Are you sure that yours works perfect without causing breathing problems to the engine?

Comment

Andrew's S54 Swap

Use a turbo core muffler such as Thrush Turbo / Magnaflow XL. It's not a straight through design so it's not super loud but still flows well.

This is what the inside of a turbo core muffler looks like
                        Last edited by pandaboo911; 04-29-2015, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Curious.. Thinking about selling at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                            Hey Dimitris,

I used a stock Euro E36 M3 muffler that is then plumbed directly to the catalytic converters. It sounded very nice. It was not loud at all. No "drone" at highway speed as some E46 M3 owners complain about.
                            Andrew, do you have a picture of your exhaust setup? Its the last thing I am working through on my parts list for my build (well last of the big things). I like the idea of using a stock rear box and I wanted to see how it hung. Also what cats did you use, stock? I didnt see that in this thread.

Thanks!
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by 209euro View Post
                              Curious.. Thinking about selling at some point?
                              The car in this build thread? I sold it to a gentleman from California in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                                Andrew, do you have a picture of your exhaust setup? Its the last thing I am working through on my parts list for my build (well last of the big things). I like the idea of using a stock rear box and I wanted to see how it hung. Also what cats did you use, stock? I didnt see that in this thread.

Thanks!
                                I don't, I'm sorry. I let my professional muffler guy handle the exhaust setup so that my engine swap was in full compliance with federal laws.

Comment

Working...
                                X