No announcement yet.

Andrew's S54 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The part number for the M22 female to -10 AN male adapters is 7007-10-M22 which I originally found in a thread on S14.net. I looked through Brennan's catalog and it looks like this is it: 7007-10-L15-22.
    (http://catalog.brennaninc.com/catalo...7007-10-L15-22).
    I found one here for $13:
    http://www.royalsupply.com/store/pc/...m#.Uaf4XZywXgU.
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Here's a place selling them for $11.43: https://www.flowline.net/default.asp...7007-10-L15-22.

Comment

My original build thread needed some maintenance so I fixed it up. The pictures should all load the correct size now and I added some more swap info. :)

Comment

Did you ever get the cruise control working? I've been looking to add it to my swap now. I think the e85 unit will work but am not positive.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
            Did you ever get the cruise control working? I've been looking to add it to my swap now. I think the e85 unit will work but am not positive.
            No, I gave up on it. It's too fun to rev the S54 anyways. :D

Comment

Which transmission crossmember did you use for the ZF 5 speed?

Comment

and, what intake tube is that you're running? (the silver piece)

Comment

Originally posted by gills View Post
                  Which transmission crossmember did you use for the ZF 5 speed?
                  The original E30 crossmember.

and, what intake tube is that you're running? (the silver piece)
                  K&N Typhoon 69-2001TS

Comment

Thank you, sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, what are limitations on Flywheel and clutch setups using the 5 speed?

The guy who sold me my S54 threw in a LTW flywheel and clutch kit that came out of a 2000 M Roadster with an S52 and 5 speed. It's a E34 M5 pressure plate and sprung hub clutch disc and the FW is a 8.5 lbs single mass aluminum unit. I'm still trying to find out what brand flywheel it is as it isn't UUC (not blue anodized) and UUC is the only company I can find that makes a FW that's 8.5lbs and is sold with an E34 clutch kit.

Can I use this setup with the S54 and ZF 5 speed?

Comment

Also, what are limitations on Flywheel and clutch setups using the 5 speed?

The guy who sold me my S54 threw in a LTW flywheel and clutch kit that came out of a 2000 M Roadster with an S52 and 5 speed. It's a E34 M5 pressure plate and sprung hub clutch disc and the FW is a 8.5 lbs single mass aluminum unit. I'm still trying to find out what brand flywheel it is as it isn't UUC (not blue anodized) and UUC is the only company I can find that makes a FW that's 8.5lbs and is sold with an E34 clutch kit.

Can I use this setup with the S54 and ZF 5 speed?
                        One can fit a M20 oem (or aftermarket) clutch and flywheel to a s54 and zf 5 speed.

All the bmw small 6 clutches can be interchanged (m20, m50, m54, s50, s54)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

I think he's wondering if there are any bad effects to such a light flywheel on the S54.

personally I wouldn't want to run an 8.25lb flywheel on the street no matter what engine it was.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            I think he's wondering if there are any bad effects to such a light flywheel on the S54.

personally I wouldn't want to run an 8.25lb flywheel on the street no matter what engine it was.
                            S54 enjoys eating harmonic dampers........

S54 seems to eat the most dampers when on track racing with light race clutches and single mass fly (racing twin disc etc)

S54 only comes from bmw with a dual mass flywheel; this is calculated by the engineers in the harmonic balancer / damper design.

So the question is full raze then nothing will stop him from installing something full raze.

If one desires an oem type installation with longevity then a dual mass fly would be chosen.

Tons of reasonably lightweight dual mass setups;

M54b30 zhp / z4 3.0 20#/ s52 22#/ s54 30# dual mass and associated clutchset is not much heavier than a stock m20 single mass setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                            OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Not wondering about bad effects of the LTW setup, as that is pretty common across the board.

I was wondering about what actually fits:

Originally posted by Wanganstyle
                              One can fit a M20 oem (or aftermarket) clutch and flywheel to a s54 and zf 5 speed.

All the bmw small 6 clutches can be interchanged (m20, m50, m54, s50, s54)

Tons of reasonably lightweight dual mass setups;

M54b30 zhp / z4 3.0 20#/ s52 22#/ s54 30# dual mass and associated clutchset is not much heavier than a stock m20 single mass setup.
                              which is very helpful. Thank you, waganstyle!

Comment

OT: I contacted Fidanza flywheels for help identifying the FW I have and it turns out it's a very rare one. They used to make it for Dinan/BMW and is very similar to the one they make for UUC's stage II setup. Funny thing is I called Dinan and asked if they ever made an aluminum FW for the E36 and the guy said no. Time to sell a Dinan FW! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X