Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice swap!

That torque graph looks a bit scary... :shock:

Is your VANOS unit noisy? Do you possibly have a lazy MAF? Everything good with your fuel system?
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Interesting. So hooking that up might make 2 of those codes disappear. I wonder if it will have an effect on the power curve.
      Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Well, a lack of a VSS signal in an E36 will reduce its performance. Hopefully this fixes things!

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
          Nice swap!

That torque graph looks a bit scary... :shock:

Is your VANOS unit noisy? Do you possibly have a lazy MAF? Everything good with your fuel system?
          No, the engine is quiet. The MAF is new. I haven't tested the fuel system pressure, though I don't see why it would pull 281 whp in the upper range if it had low fuel pressure.
          Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            you want a VSS input. it doesn't matter if DSC is there or not. the signal comes from the DSC unit normally, but the VSS output from the E30's cluster is equivalent. it doesn't send the signal over the CAN bus, it's just a dumb signal like pretty much any older BMW.

a generic code reader can't tell you nearly as much as BMW's software. are you using the 16 pin OBD port or did you wire up a round 20 pin? i'll have to check how mine is wired but all you really need is ground, switched 12v, and the txd pin.
            I'm using the 16 pin OBD2 port.

Comment

Here's something else in the wiring I was unsure about. Whether or not to connect terminal 30h at the starter to X60004 #2. I connected terminal 30h to C101 #15 only. The only reason I'm asking is because the pin-out for the E46 M3 lists X60004 #2 as input from terminal 30h. However, there is no connection on the M3 wiring harness for that. Also, the ETM for the MSS54 Z3 M Coupe/Roadster lists X60004 #2 as not used, so I didn't wire it. What do you guys think?
              Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-29-2012, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I was investigating that exact pin 2 nights ago so I'll share what I found:

X276 is a body splice, though I don't know where. That same signal "S_30H" also appears at pin 3 of the X11175 connector to the A2 instrument cluster.

I would stop using any MZ3 wiring diagram information. The DMEs are different, the EWS system is different, the DSC system is different, and all software is different. Far too many assumptions to get good information from those documents. Figure out how to use WDS. Also, figure out what date build DME you have, as that affects some pinout information.

Comment

I am not sure where you get X60003 pin 12 from.

Here's a link to pinouts and block diagrams for all variants of all 5 DME plugs from WDS. It looks like the "S_30H" wire is always X60004 pin 2. Additionally, the two cluster variants here and here show "S_30H" always being X11175 pin 3.

Comment

^ nucci, let me welcome you to r3v. You currently have 11 posts and have posted more helpful information than 80% of r3v could ever dream of.
                    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by nucci View Post

Here's a link to pinouts and block diagrams for all variants of all 5 DME plugs from WDS. It looks like the "S_30H" wire is always X60004 pin 2. Additionally, the two cluster variants here and here show "S_30H" always being X11175 pin 3.
                      Thanks for all the info. I was looking at the MSS54 starter section here. Anyways who knows. I'm not going to worry about it since there's no physical wire on the harness that connects to terminal 30h on the starter so who knows where that signal is actually coming from or if they just list it and its not really there. I just thought it was odd they list it.

Comment

Is the MSS54 from a Z3M different? I have one from a Z3M and it was reflashed by the same guy. He told me that as long as it's not an MSS54HP that I'd be OK. -_-

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Nothing wrong with the mss54hp, but yeah the hardware is the same, its just a different tune.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                            Is the MSS54 from a Z3M different? I have one from a Z3M and it was reflashed by the same guy. He told me that as long as it's not an MSS54HP that I'd be OK. -_-
                            That's cool. I've been curious if they can reflash the mss70 too, but I haven't asked. Do you also have the Z3M harness? I've been curious if it reaches into the E30 cockpit better. :)

The only difference I know of is that there's a ground for the cruise control interface on the Z3M ECU (X60004 #35). So that's not important if you don't want that feature, but if you did and you installed the brake switch I think you'd need one from a Z3 as well because I think the Z3 brake switch gives the same signals vs. alternating signals (i.e. open/open vs. open/closed).

Comment

Originally posted by nucci View Post

it's just a "start" input. it means it's hot when the engine is cranking, but not running. it's not going to hurt to have it hooked up, since the hardware is all physically the same, it will just ignore the input if it doesn't require it.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                                That's cool. I've been curious if they can reflash the mss70 too, but I haven't asked. Do you also have the Z3M harness? I've been curious if it reaches into the E30 cockpit better. :)

The only difference I know of is that there's a ground for the cruise control interface on the Z3M ECU (X60004 #35). So that's not important if you don't want that feature, but if you did and you installed the brake switch I think you'd need one from a Z3 as well because I think the Z3 brake switch gives the same signals vs. alternating signals (i.e. open/open vs. open/closed).
                                does the Z3 brake switch bolt up to the E30? that's one I've wondered about. how about the check panel?
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X