S54 e30 electronics ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    why on earth would you start with an ix for 900awhp?
    1/4 drag racing, and i WILL have my 900 factoring the cost of JUST engine mechanics ... rods/pistons/heavy duty pins/rockers/springs/shims/cams for any engine ... the s54 made sense in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by e30ixBoost; 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e30ixBoost View Post
      the E30ix AWD is simplistic in form by nature from that i mean the transfer case or front differential have no required electronic components, so as DSC goes, and correct me if im wrong, would it not function the same as RWD if sensors and required peripherals were placed on the front, this is obviously why i was asking about this, because i do not know about it ... all in due time of course everything will be clear.
      because they will be at odds of each other, and the DSC wasn't meant to have the front wheels powered. the ix AWD is effective, it will be transfering torque to the wheels with grip, while the DSC system is doing it's own thing. I can't imagine it would end well. It *would* be cool if it could work, but I really, really doubt it, and you'd have to learn how to retune it, which I've never even seen anyone try. the E46 xi DSC/ABS is no help as it's not for performance and the E46 has all open differentials (lame).

PLEASE ... enlighten me .. with your wrath of knowledge pertaining to my questions ...;) why take the longer path, when there is ample opportunity to cut out useless information and to be pointed in a better direction... work smarter NOT HARDER
      I don't seek to know, I seek to understand. your "easy path" is my last 2 years spent reading and learning. You haven't shown that you seek to understand.

interesting, so i can retrofit the E46M cluster into the E30 cluster housing .. or simply dash board (which i know about already)
      well, it fits, yes. But then you get to deal with the electronics to make it useful. and you'll have to reprogram it too.

i have previously read about what was required to keep the stock ecu, and how to sideline the limbo mode ... however i did not bookmark it/document its procedure WHICH I SHOULD HAVE :blowup:, i will however do this when it comes up, nore do i want to be posting about half remembered information ...i would like to know your thoughts on keeping the stock ecu .. if not ill figure it out :drink:
      the stock ECU is the best option. Any aftermarket computer is essentially going to be dumbed down from what MSS54 can do, other than maybe the $20k controllers that professional race teams use.

WHY MY FRIEND !!! WHY !!!!!! :D personally i regret not going with a skyline/evo/wrx stupid me with e30ix money thrown away for no reason, we shall let the track decide its fate, but i do not regret going with the half pan, there is still room for improvement, more so the M50 oil pump, im thinking dry sump, and regrettably redoing the design of the entire pan, especially if we use a 3.5-3.7 stroker crank (25% and thats a low low figure, i cant justify the money, but that doesnt matter anyways)
      no room for a CF airbox and no room for a brake booster, plus now the engine is 5 degrees more upright. I'd be concerned about oiling issues, personally. and you're stuck with the weak E30 front diff. :(

after all was said and done, and as parts were surprisingly scares for the 525ix, it was the natural path to take, i was surprised, even in europe finding 525ix parts is not a freely given commodity. Still have to figure out the airbox issue(s), pertaining to the 5MT there was a concept thrown around about cutting/welding transmission housing(s) onto/or from 6MT but its not like on the track there is a need to go 150+ anyway simplicity was favorable
      is this the part where I say I told you so? also, didn't you say you already had the 525ix bought and paid for? now maybe can you see why we think you're full of it?

me and flyboyx watched for a couple years for 525ix parts. In the last year and a half, there has been ONE 525ix front CV shaft set on ebay, and I bought it. it was $900 landed in the USA, but it's less than a third what a new set would have cost, and they're mint. I haven't seen any since, although I'm not looking as closely.

25 :grin: im flattered, i was much older then that when i sold my 3rd software license, per the rest, once the season starts, then its no problem to proceed in fulfilling your curiosity needs, but for now, and to save face on the sponsors, and god knows what evil may lurk in the jealousy or inferiority complex floating around here . thus per giving the opponent cannon fodder, if we did start on a different manner, i would not feel the anxiety towards secrecy but now, god willing what would happen.
      I meant the car is about 25 years old, not you.

i have many MANY questions / concepts / theories all i did and or do is come and ask, take on the haters and dreams, so please. we started off nice, but then you were drawn into the trollism by others.
      you have yet to ask any pointed questions that make me think, "hey, this guy is sharp, so I can help him without it turning into a huge time sink". You've effectively said "Gimme! Gimme! All your information on the s54 electronics!". No thanks.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

the E30ix AWD is simplistic in form by nature from that i mean the transfer case or front differential have no required electronic components, so as DSC goes, and correct me if im wrong, would it not function the same as RWD if sensors and required peripherals were placed on the front, this is obviously why i was asking about this, because i do not know about it ... all in due time of course everything will be clear.

PLEASE ... enlighten me .. with your wrath of knowledge pertaining to my questions ...;) why take the longer path, when there is ample opportunity to cut out useless information and to be pointed in a better direction... work smarter NOT HARDER

interesting, so i can retrofit the E46M cluster into the E30 cluster housing .. or simply dash board (which i know about already)

i have previously read about what was required to keep the stock ecu, and how to sideline the limbo mode ... however i did not bookmark it/document its procedure WHICH I SHOULD HAVE :blowup:, i will however do this when it comes up, nore do i want to be posting about half remembered information ...i would like to know your thoughts on keeping the stock ecu .. if not ill figure it out :drink:

WHY MY FRIEND !!! WHY !!!!!! :D personally i regret not going with a skyline/evo/wrx stupid me with e30ix money thrown away for no reason, we shall let the track decide its fate, but i do not regret going with the half pan, there is still room for improvement, more so the M50 oil pump, im thinking dry sump, and regrettably redoing the design of the entire pan, especially if we use a 3.5-3.7 stroker crank (25% and thats a low low figure, i cant justify the money, but that doesnt matter anyways)

after all was said and done, and as parts were surprisingly scares for the 525ix, it was the natural path to take, i was surprised, even in europe finding 525ix parts is not a freely given commodity. Still have to figure out the airbox issue(s), pertaining to the 5MT there was a concept thrown around about cutting/welding transmission housing(s) onto/or from 6MT but its not like on the track there is a need to go 150+ anyway simplicity was favorable

25 :grin: im flattered, i was much older then that when i sold my 3rd software license, per the rest, once the season starts, then its no problem to proceed in fulfilling your curiosity needs, but for now, and to save face on the sponsors, and god knows what evil may lurk in the jealousy or inferiority complex floating around here . thus per giving the opponent cannon fodder, if we did start on a different manner, i would not feel the anxiety towards secrecy but now, god willing what would happen.

i have many MANY questions / concepts / theories all i did and or do is come and ask, take on the haters and dreams, so please. we started off nice, but then you were drawn into the trollism by others.

Youre 16. Maybe 18 on a good day.

You sound just like hundreds of others looking for attention for an unfathomable unrealistic idea for a project that will never come to light.

You supposedly have two engineering degrees. Well i have 1. and it doesnt make me master car man.

I know! Im gonna throw a S62 in a IX running stock parts and turbo it and blah blah 123123 hp and awd and shit.

Be gone pls.

Check Us out on Facebook
        Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
        Full Product Line Tuning
        OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

the stock ECU is the best option. Any aftermarket computer is essentially going to be dumbed down from what MSS54 can do, other than maybe the $20k controllers that professional race teams use.
          per the DSC, iv decided to go the route of baby steps, im getting way ahead of my self, and at this point i shouldn't be worried nore asking questions about this feature, it is able to wait until everything else settled.

now as the ECU goes there seem to be several options

a standalone system

retrofit necessary components of a MSS54 ECU send for final tune

replace all the sensors against S50 configuration fuel rail/wire hardness use 413 or 503 accept the factor of a lower RPM limiter and possibly non functioning VANOS(although pretty sure its good to go) send for final tune

from those and considering there will be a turbo added later alas AFAIK the MSS54 most advanced feature being the OEM VANOS tune .. which may be removed in the future for higher valve lift/custom cams,

the stand alone seems only logical choice (thus far)

as for which, where and how, i have nothing thus far but questions or as the thread was started ... would like a discussion pertaining towards ... there is a feeling of heavy pressure hanging over me :arrow: more money spent :arrow: less adapt platform for the requirements :arrow: without input and help of various scene oriented people this project will not reach its full potential

no room for a CF airbox and no room for a brake booster, plus now the engine is 5 degrees more upright. I'd be concerned about oiling issues, personally. and you're stuck with the weak E30 front diff. :(
          Ahh the oil issue, what i spent several hours on the weekend looking into, other then reading about several dry sump oil 'kits' which cost over exceeds the engine it self :letitout: what is the route now

what i have so thus far conceded to is obtaining an oil cooler which has 2 additional ports for dry? .. / oil sump, having those interact against a physically tunable pressure actuator, thus being able to adjust it thus be a solution ?

secondary to that ... obtaining a universal oil cool 'kit' ? which dial into the oil route before the oil filter and then have lines which travel to a tiny oil cooler, replacing it against a stage (?3/4) dry sump oil pump (belt driven /accepting the rotary loss ) and then leading this to a custom connection in the bottom of the oil pan and naturally to an extra external tank in the trunk .. most likely with an actuator to hold the pressure... mind you this is all theoretic this issue still remains to be addressed

it would be nice to figure out a way to pressure test all this separate of starting the engine and computer .. again all theory.

is this the part where I say I told you so? also, didn't you say you already had the 525ix bought and paid for? now maybe can you see why we think you're full of it?

me and flyboyx watched for a couple years for 525ix parts. In the last year and a half, there has been ONE 525ix front CV shaft set on ebay, and I bought it. it was $900 landed in the USA, but it's less than a third what a new set would have cost, and they're mint. I haven't seen any since, although I'm not looking as closely.

I meant the car is about 25 years old, not you.
          i did purchase a 525ix with crazy high mileage off a fellow in the United Kingdom, EBAY grrrrrrr. Not to get in to full detail he was supposed to store it until it came time(of which i did not have a perfect time frame WHEN it would happen) to ship the vehicle to a destination of my choosing... well this became a problem, considering the vehicle was not under my name and i was not in the country. Our friends at PayPal let him keep the money and the vehicle. Figures. By this time while the arbitration was being resolved i noticed little of these vehicles or parts in auto yards, the decision was made to better spend that money. Which i never got back in the first place.

you have yet to ask any pointed questions that make me think, "hey, this guy is sharp, so I can help him without it turning into a huge time sink". You've effectively said "Gimme! Gimme! All your information on the s54 electronics!". No thanks.
          i dont have to 'prove to you that im sharp' .. and not 'wasting' your time .. for fucks sake your having or would have discussions on a Internet forum if this TROLLISM would just seize ;) .. who attacked who first, chicken and egg situation no need to continue this. You should instead be asking yourself this

what would u rather have ..

a discussion and the ability to work through problems which in time you will be proud of and be able to proclaim as your innovating thinking helped solve to your friends and fellow forum posters ... for when the issues are solved and the final product is on display and or majestically operating against others ... there was a discussion(s) against various methods of solution ...

or TROLL anything as per what happened in the first place ... this goes to others also ..

the choice is and always has been yours my friend, and other people whom have partaken in this awful practice. i have done nothing to you or the others, there seems to be a zealous cult following on here compared to other forums, i have asked questions else where and or are having current discussions within, however not like this place, seamless attacks are a contributing factor to nothing .. other then a broken ego :|

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
            youre 16. Maybe 18 on a good day.

You sound just like hundreds of others looking for attention for an unfathomable unrealistic idea for a project that will never come to light.

You supposedly have two engineering degrees. Well i have 1. And it doesnt make me master car man.

I know! Im gonna throw a s62 in a ix running stock parts and turbo it and blah blah 123123 hp and awd and shit.

Be gone pls.
            troll

Comment

man, you post a lot of words but none of it makes a lick of sense.

I'm going with, complete waste of time.

413 ECU swap on an S54? I'd rather run it on Megasquirt. at least it can do double vanos and blended SD/AN.

the most advanced feature of MSS54 is certainly not the double vanos control..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Man I clicked in this thread seeing nando was the last poster and hoped for some good insight and info. I ended up reading nonsense and bickering. I am ashamed of myself.
                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

sorry to dissapoint. if you want to ask a specific question though, I'm all ears.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

sorry to dissapoint. if you want to ask a specific question though, I'm all ears.
                    No I was disappointed in myself lol, I wanted to read to get information but I resorted to reading the stuff that wasn't worth reading.

At this point Im just reading and accumulating as much info I can retain and have a general idea. S54 swap is definitely not in my future for quite a while but I enjoy reading up on it.
                    SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                    IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I think it's a good project to build up on slowly. there's way more to it than a standard 24v swap, where you can basically collect all the parts and get it done in a weekend. it takes a lot more planning, unless you want your car to sit in peices for 18 months (cough fredj-k cough). :p
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

man, you post a lot of words but none of it makes a lick of sense.

I'm going with, complete waste of time.

413 ECU swap on an S54? I'd rather run it on Megasquirt. at least it can do double vanos and blended SD/AN.

the most advanced feature of MSS54 is certainly not the double vanos control..
                        so in other words . u dont know how to solve the oil issue
                        and u dont know or cant recommend what ecu to take

good to know

Comment

you people use this forum like its a chat channel, i find that very disturbing lol

Comment

so in other words . u dont know how to solve the oil issue
                            and u dont know or cant recommend what ecu to take

good to know
                            what?

I would have never chosen the E30 ix oil pan, diff and transmission, so why would I care about solving your possible oil issue?

I think I made it pretty clear what ECU I'd use if I were you. I even gave you a second choice.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

what?

I would have never chosen the E30 ix oil pan, diff and transmission, so why would I care about solving your possible oil issue?

I think I made it pretty clear what ECU I'd use if I were you. I even gave you a second choice.
                              right now nothing is clear other then rapid :hitler: on this forum towards me.

unlike some people i dont think the E30 is the worlds GREATEST car its a 2 decade old POS compared to the other vehicles i have owned and currently have, its a shame i have invested so much into this, hell if i could break even on this i would. Sell everything and be done with it .. but unfortunately i am unable to do that, does not matter, when all is said and done while i am on the track ill ride it harder with less care knowing the future will hold a better vehicle, if only for communication between less fascist of a bunch of motorheads.

Knowledgeable king shit of turd island

why is it so hard for you to admit that you dont have any ideas for solving the e30ix-s54 frankenpan oil starvation situation ... or dont want to help me figure out the answers to my questions , is it because im eccentric when it comes to my projects, god knows this isnt the first project i took on without knowing what i was getting my self into, im a old bored man in the grand scheme of things. Be a man you cant have all the answers for everything, its not possible , no need to lie to your self or stroke your 'i know it all' ego against a shitty car anybody is able to pick up for less then a couple hundred quid .. that said whats done is done. doesnt matter what YOU WOULD HAVE CHOSEN OR NOT , the problem(s) still remain .. and there are plenty of them

Per what ECU .. you have not MADE IT CLEAR , i told u this build requires a stand alone unit , i have addressed this.

as with the most viable solution .. because of the turbo and high lift valve/after market cams what model standalone , what company, person or TUNE .. WHY and WHAT KINDS, the DIFFERENCES , THOSE are choices

then ITS CLEAR

right now its all bullshit. shit if i have to pay the same price i paid for the engine just for the ECU and TUNE i will

but we all know there are better solutions. too bad you made it so CLEAR what those are that nobody is able to understand.

Comment

The lack of information is primarily because few people run standalone for the S54, save for professional race teams or persons with a lot of money. It is a very costly option. It will cost more than the engine to execute a high grade wiring harness, standalone, and many dyno sessions to get your car driveable in all situations.

In the US, you can get a plug and play implementation of an S54 KMS standalone from VAC Motorsports for 4400 USD. That is not where the cost is. Obtaining a "base" map that gets your car started is only the first step.

Clearly you seem to be highly motivated to execute this swap at any cost. Your best bet is to talk to a local engine tuner who will help you install and tune an aftermarket standalone system. There are a vanishingly small number of people, if any, that will help you integrate a Motec, DTA, or Pectel into your car for free. You further alienate anyone who wants to help you with your churlish manner.

There is no ego here. You merely perceive that we have vast quantities of knowledge locked away, when we've already shared what we know. I can tell you that no one on r3vlimited uses Motec or Pectel. A handful of people have used DTA S100.

Originally posted by whysimon
                                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                                X