No announcement yet.

M54 Madness, the remix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for reduced noise just add a muffler or resonator (or additional ones) with longer length and fatter body (more volume)
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      for reduced noise just add a muffler or resonator (or additional ones) with longer length and fatter body (more volume)
      I find that changes note more than anything. Best thing to do is add a j-pipe (Helmholtz chamber) to cancel that noise, leave the rest of the exhaust alone. Drive around and see what RPM the drone is worst, do a little math, and a tee with a curved pipe can be done at your local exhaust shop if you don't have access to a welder. This won't change the sound much from outside the car, but cabin frequencies will be cancelled.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Problem is, it's louder everywhere. It feels like the gauge on the headers is thinner and they just make a lot of noise.

Once Tyler gets his shop back online I'll have him fit my OBD2 headers and down pipes. It's a little bit of a step back but I know they'll be civilized and that's what I'm after now.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
          Problem is, it's louder everywhere. It feels like the gauge on the headers is thinner and they just make a lot of noise.

Once Tyler gets his shop back online I'll have him fit my OBD2 headers and down pipes. It's a little bit of a step back but I know they'll be civilized and that's what I'm after now.
          Why not ebay headers?
          E92 Msport

Comment

and what happened to the euros?
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxiom View Post
              Why not ebay headers?
              I'd venture to say that the experience will be the same. eBay headers are typically similar to, if not directly copying, the Racelands. Thin-wall tube that tends to be noisy as hell - that was my experience too, and my S50 turned out still pretty dang loud after adding an x-pipe, dual cats, dual resonators, and then changing to the claimed quietest-aftermarket Dinan muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
                I'd venture to say that the experience will be the same. eBay headers are typically similar to, if not directly copying, the Racelands. Thin-wall tube that tends to be noisy as hell - that was my experience too, and my S50 turned out still pretty dang loud after adding an x-pipe, dual cats, dual resonators, and then changing to the claimed quietest-aftermarket Dinan muffler.
                I made good power with mine and I don't remember them being that much louder than stock (on stock exhaust)
                E92 Msport

Comment

Originally posted by TheAxiom View Post
                  I made good power with mine and I don't remember them being that much louder than stock (on stock exhaust)
                  Stock exhaust might be the key there.

Comment

Any chance of posting your MSQs?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmedsinc View Post
                      Any chance of posting your MSQs?
                      send me a PM with your email and I'll send one to you.

Comment

Hi,

i want to use the M5430 with Ecumaster EMU ECU. Has anyone maybe an pinout from the original MS43 ECU?
                        I can't find a goog one.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmaster81 View Post
                          Hi,

i want to use the M5430 with Ecumaster EMU ECU. Has anyone maybe an pinout from the original MS43 ECU?
                          I can't find a goog one.
                          email Rama at http://racehead.com.au/

Comment

Any Dyno news?

Comment

Ya! What's up with the build?

Comment

Originally posted by mike25 View Post
                                Any Dyno news?
                                Yes, sort of.

The short answer is 230hp at 6000rpm. I still have a rev limit that I can't get rid of. Somehow it got stuck at 6000 and wouldn't change to 7200.

My intake cam is also retarded 6 degrees in static timing and the VANOS seals are weak, torque wasn't that strong down low.

Once I get everything sorted still looking for at least 240.

Comment

Working...
                                X