Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 S54 Swap AC signal input to DME

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Is this module still getting built?
    I'm interested in purchasing one.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by iliad View Post
      Is this module still getting built?
      I'm interested in purchasing one.
      Yes - still building them as one-offs at the moment, hope to be building them in volume before it starts to get hot outside.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
        Yes - still building them as one-offs at the moment, hope to be building them in volume before it starts to get hot outside.
        Awesome
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
          Yes - still building them as one-offs at the moment, hope to be building them in volume before it starts to get hot outside.


          Ok, please let me know when you have one for sale.
          Thanks.

          Comment


            #35
            I just shipped the first one-off today and am working on a PCB design & enclosure for building them in higher volume.

            Comment


              #36
              ^woot! I am ready when you can.

              Comment


                #37
                So are you just selling the board, will you have instructions on the other stuff?
                Last edited by Staszek; 02-23-2016, 06:40 AM.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                  ^woot! I am ready when you can.
                  For E30 or E36? The first one was for E36 and I'm reviewing the E30 wiring diagram now. Looks like one of the A/C inputs supplies the inverse of the E36.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                    So are you just selling the board, will you have instructions on the other stuff?
                    It will be the board enclosed in an ABS case with a connector, a foot or so of wiring, and detailed instructions. It also has a USB connector for software updates.

                    I'm finishing the PCB design this week and want to make it as flexible as possible. Here are the things it will interface with so far:

                    -A/C snowflake button
                    -A/C pressure switch or A/C pressure sensor (from E46)
                    -check engine light


                    I'm also thinking of adding the following:

                    -additional AUX fan control w/programmable temp settings
                    -oil level light
                    -cruise control light
                    -EML light
                    -RPM lights (for oil warm up or shift lights if enabled in DME)

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
                      for e30 or e36? The first one was for e36 and i'm reviewing the e30 wiring diagram now. Looks like one of the a/c inputs supplies the inverse of the e36.
                      e30

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                        e30
                        What year? Do all E30s have the same A/C controls?

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
                          What year? Do all E30s have the same A/C controls?
                          1990. Yes, all E30s have the same A/C controls. Here is great info on the C101 chassis side connector and it's pinout/uses.

                          Love your C101!!!

                          As far as engine side wiring, using the stock E46 M3 ECU and sensors.
                          Last edited by R3Z3N; 02-23-2016, 08:41 PM.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I will definitely be in need of one. I personally will only be in need of the AC signal to DME. Please let me know when this will be available to purchase. Currently my ac is set up with all E30 components and an e36 compressor on my s54. will the directions outline what is needed for the E46 pressure sensor you mentioned? Thank you.
                            Ian Simon

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                              1990. Yes, all E30s have the same A/C controls. Here is great info on the C101 chassis side connector and it's pinout/uses.

                              Love your C101!!!

                              As far as engine side wiring, using the stock E46 M3 ECU and sensors.
                              Sounds like the A/C signals to the E30 DME are not routed the the C101. I'm looking at a diagram that shows DME pins 40 & 41 going through C136. Those are the A/C signaling wires that will need to connect to the CAN interface.

                              It also appears that the E30 doesn't use a relay to drive the A/C compressor clutch. That will need to be added. I'll either point people to a good source or keep them on hand to sell along with the CAN interface.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by 8920vt View Post
                                I will definitely be in need of one. I personally will only be in need of the AC signal to DME. Please let me know when this will be available to purchase. Currently my ac is set up with all E30 components and an e36 compressor on my s54. will the directions outline what is needed for the E46 pressure sensor you mentioned? Thank you.
                                Are you running a PWM aux fan from an E46? If not, no need for the pressure sensor, the stock E30 pressure switch can be used.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X