No announcement yet.

E30 S54 Swap AC signal input to DME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. What's the order process... how do I get in line for one of the upcoming batches?
    1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
    1985 535is Zinno on Black
    1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
    1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
    1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

I'll have them on my website soon, could take paypal pre-order now for the 3 that will be ready next week. It will be about two weeks before the next batch is ready.

Comment

I'll pay asap.

Comment

Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
          I'll have them on my website soon, could take paypal pre-order now for the 3 that will be ready next week. It will be about two weeks before the next batch is ready.
          I'm in where do I pay
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

PMs sent to both of you.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I'll take the 3rd one.
                Ready to pay.

Comment

Payment sent!
                  Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Test fit of partially completed board into enclosure:

The enclosure is roughly 3"x2"x1" and should be installed near the DME or behind the dash. It is not intended for under-hood installation. I'll provide the mating plug & wiring - what length do people need? Mine is only a few inches as there is plenty of room in the E36 e-box to fix it next to the DME.

The 12 pins on the molex connector are:

-switched 12v (ignition on)
                    -ground
                    -CAN H & CAN L from the DME
                    -3x digital outputs (CEL, aux fan, etc)
                    -3x digital inputs (two triggered high, one triggered low, these are for E30 or E36 A/C inputs)
                    -1x analog input (can be used for E46 A/C pressure sensor)
                    -3.3v reference signal for analog input

The digital inputs/outputs can be reassigned in software to suit your installation. E30 and E36 climate controls use different signaling, so part of the programming will be specific to the chassis. The analog input and reference voltage is for the optional E46 A/C pressure switch and is used to regulate an aux fan driven from the DME and E46 PWM fan controller.

The first digital output is typically used for a check engine light but all three outputs could be repurposed. Want to run a single speed aux fan and have it come on a preset temp? Sure. Want to drive a shift light at whatever RPM you desire? Yep. Want an oil level or oil temp warning light? Check. Something else? Just ask and I'll see if we can make it work.

I'll have a set of questions about your install and will program it according before shipping. What happens if your install goes a different direction or you change your mind? I can email you a new firmware file that can be flashed to the controller using a USB cable.

Note - E36 installations can use the existing A/C compressor clutch relay but the E30 doesn't have one. You could use a typical Bosch automotive relay. I'm currently looking for a source of something nice & clean and will likely sell them along with the CAN interface. The relay will not be connected to the CAN interface as it is the DME's job to control the compressor clutch via X60004 pin 30. The CAN interface tells the DME if the snowflake button has been pressed and if the A/C controls want the compressor clutch to be engaged (based on evap temp & A/C pressure). The DME makes the final decision to engage the compressor clutch based on additional parameters (WOT, engine overheat, etc.) and controls idle speed accordingly.
                    Last edited by gpeterson; 03-13-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Paid!
                      Can't wait for this.

Comment

First batch likely shipping Wednesday, another batch will be ready in ~2 weeks. I should have installation instructions ready in a day or two.

Comment

Sweet! PM so I can prepay for the next batch! Seriously, do it now.
                          1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                          1985 535is Zinno on Black
                          1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                          1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                          1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Originally posted by carlb View Post
                            Sweet! PM so I can prepay for the next batch! Seriously, do it now.
                            PM sent.

Comment

The first three are shipping today, looks like I'll have 5 more available around the 28th.

Comment

Interested in this. Shooting you a PM.
                                IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Working...
                                X