Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice. Thanks for write up. I am sure as soon as my s50 die on me, I will do M54 swap for my race car. And I can use lots of parts from S50 swap I currently have.
    1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
    1990 e30 325is
    1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

I built an m54b30 and put it I my e30 last just June. Almost a year later and i have 8k on the motor. I'm running it completely obd1 and with a g260. You have a cool car man, props.
      '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
      '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
      '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
      '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

Originally posted by BMWerke View Post
        I built an m54b30 and put it I my e30 last just June. Almost a year later and i have 8k on the motor. I'm running it completely obd1 and with a g260. You have a cool car man, props.

So all obd1? Such as m50 manifold and mech throttle single vanos? 413 dme? What do you think about no Disa? What are your build specs. See I planned to go obd1 but peer pressure convinced me of stock controller. What are your thoughts?

Comment

it made sense before the stock DME was viable. Now, it would realistically be more work to convert it to OBDI, which is an inferior solution.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Then it's final that's the route I'll go. Anyone have a height measurement of the green m5 motor mounts? I plan on machining my own out of delrin but need a base height to start with

Comment

So I've been tossing an idea back and forth in my head. I've been into 4 m54 engines recently acquiring my parts for the swap. One part I guess I have to buy new no matter what is the coolant tubes that run down the block. One is heater inlet one comes from front cover. I know a vender has a solution to the front cover by pounding in an aluminum pipe. But what about the other? Anyone try tapping the hole with 3/4 npt or welding a 90 hose barb in there? Reason I ask about going this route is normally I wouldn't be too concerned with BMW's plastic tubes except the 4 sets I tried to harvest off other engine just disintegrated at the connection point. Anyways input appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Buy the plastic coolant pipes new. They aren't that expensive and last 12-15 years.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Any ideas for building cruise control for m54 swapped car?
                  Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                  BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                  BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                  BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Does anyone else know what other brake boosters will work, I've heard the 944 one kind of sucks
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I have heard that a e90 break booster should be fine.

Comment

E90 booster works in e30? What's involved In fitament?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2005 330i ZHP donor car...

So if I have the ability to get an '05 330i 6MT ZHP, should I be able to utilize the majority of the bits needed from the donor car or would I still need to fab as much as you have into my 1991 318i? TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by steel330i View Post
                            So if I have the ability to get an '05 330i 6MT ZHP, should I be able to utilize the majority of the bits needed from the donor car or would I still need to fab as much as you have into my 1991 318i? TIA.
                            You'd still have to fab everything that he had to. If there was an OEM solution Jordan would have used it.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Im doing the m54 swap right now and bought the same engine mounts from 6 series bmw.

But there is no thread to the end of the stud which i trimed and schould be bolted to the frame.

I think there is about 0.5 inch of the stud without thread

Did you use so much washers to bolt it down?

Comment

I didn't use any washers no. You may have to run a die over then to lengthen the threads?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                                https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X