X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by bmwmaster81 View Post
    I have heard that a e90 break booster should be fine.
    E90 really? this is the first time I heard that one, details?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    I didn't use any washers no. You may have to run a die over then to lengthen the threads?

Leave a comment:

• bmwmaster81
    replied
    Im doing the m54 swap right now and bought the same engine mounts from 6 series bmw.

But there is no thread to the end of the stud which i trimed and schould be bolted to the frame.

I think there is about 0.5 inch of the stud without thread

Did you use so much washers to bolt it down?

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Originally posted by steel330i View Post
    So if I have the ability to get an '05 330i 6MT ZHP, should I be able to utilize the majority of the bits needed from the donor car or would I still need to fab as much as you have into my 1991 318i? TIA.
    You'd still have to fab everything that he had to. If there was an OEM solution Jordan would have used it.

Leave a comment:

• steel330i
    replied
    2005 330i ZHP donor car...

So if I have the ability to get an '05 330i 6MT ZHP, should I be able to utilize the majority of the bits needed from the donor car or would I still need to fab as much as you have into my 1991 318i? TIA.

Leave a comment:

• Navymr
    replied
    E90 booster works in e30? What's involved In fitament?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bmwmaster81
    replied
    I have heard that a e90 break booster should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• stonea
    replied
    Does anyone else know what other brake boosters will work, I've heard the 944 one kind of sucks

Leave a comment:

• Rocla
    replied
    Any ideas for building cruise control for m54 swapped car?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Buy the plastic coolant pipes new. They aren't that expensive and last 12-15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Navymr
    replied
    So I've been tossing an idea back and forth in my head. I've been into 4 m54 engines recently acquiring my parts for the swap. One part I guess I have to buy new no matter what is the coolant tubes that run down the block. One is heater inlet one comes from front cover. I know a vender has a solution to the front cover by pounding in an aluminum pipe. But what about the other? Anyone try tapping the hole with 3/4 npt or welding a 90 hose barb in there? Reason I ask about going this route is normally I wouldn't be too concerned with BMW's plastic tubes except the 4 sets I tried to harvest off other engine just disintegrated at the connection point. Anyways input appreciated. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Navymr
    replied
    Then it's final that's the route I'll go. Anyone have a height measurement of the green m5 motor mounts? I plan on machining my own out of delrin but need a base height to start with

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    it made sense before the stock DME was viable. Now, it would realistically be more work to convert it to OBDI, which is an inferior solution.

Leave a comment:

• Navymr
    replied
    Originally posted by BMWerke View Post
    I built an m54b30 and put it I my e30 last just June. Almost a year later and i have 8k on the motor. I'm running it completely obd1 and with a g260. You have a cool car man, props.

So all obd1? Such as m50 manifold and mech throttle single vanos? 413 dme? What do you think about no Disa? What are your build specs. See I planned to go obd1 but peer pressure convinced me of stock controller. What are your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• BMWerke
    replied
    I built an m54b30 and put it I my e30 last just June. Almost a year later and i have 8k on the motor. I'm running it completely obd1 and with a g260. You have a cool car man, props.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X