Electronic accelerator pedal attachment-a non destructive solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic accelerator pedal attachment-a non destructive solution

I did not want to remove the carpet or do any cutting and welding mainly because I have zero welding skills. I basically created a new top attachment point using the existing one.

So I used a flat metal mending plate about 1/16 inch thick from Home Depot and drilled two of the holes a bit larger, I then attached it to the existing gas pedal bracket hole with a 35mm long bolt and spacer and used the upper hole to attach the drive by wire plastic bracket with a nut and bolt.

I also had to bend the metal plate a little to get the get angle as close as possible and to allow for some space between the bracket and the carpet to insert a wrench to hold the nut so I can tighten the top bolt. I can probably fabricate a better metal bracket but this what l had available to try this out.

The result is what you see in the pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NvE30; 03-07-2020, 07:27 AM.

Why not use the z3 pedal sensor? It will work with the stock e30 hanging pedal.

Comment

I bought harness adapter which came with the plug for the e46 pedal, not sure if it works on the z3 pedal. do you have pics or more info on how z3 pedal attaches in the e30?
      Last edited by NvE30; 03-20-2020, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I don't have any pictures of it mounted in a e30. Realoem will give you some idea. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=35_0155
        the position sensor mounts to where the cable would attach to the pedal. The sensor uses a different connector but all signals are compadable.

Comment

Originally posted by Caperix View Post
          I don't have any pictures of it mounted in a e30. Realoem will give you some idea. https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=35_0155
          the position sensor mounts to where the cable would attach to the pedal. The sensor uses a different connector but all signals are compadable.
          Have you seen the price of those things?
          My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

Nice work OP, that looks like a good way to accomplish the same thing that many people have had to make a permanent change for. I cut and welded the bottom tab on mine.

I wasn't aware of the z3 pedal option, that is definitely new to me.

Comment

Anyone have photos of the Z3 option working?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                Anyone have photos of the Z3 option working?
                Is that what I have?

edit: guess not. I have the pedal without the big mounting bracket, however.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X