m54b30 with MS45.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m54b30 with MS45.1

I can get my hands on a 2006 X3 for a pretty good price and I want to pull the motor out and use it for my swap. As I'm researching the swap I see a bunch of old threads that say you cant use the MS45.1 DME. Is this still a problem? I saw some info about converting but I dont know if thats worth the hassle.

I dont know if im putting in the wrong search terms or just that everyone avoids this combo?

Im pretty sure the ECU can be hacked nowadays. nando is the guy you'll want to confirm this with.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

TerraPhantm on the E46 fanatics board (and here, sometimes) is also a good resource.

t
      staying ms43 for now
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

You can definitely use MS45.1. Terraphantam and I developed the EWS delete like 5 years ago, lol. There's just not huge demand, so nobody knows about it. MS45 is definitely an upgrade over MS43 - you get better OBD diagnostics, and wideband O2 sensors from the factory. :)
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          You can definitely use MS45.1. Terraphantam and I developed the EWS delete like 5 years ago, lol. There's just not huge demand, so nobody knows about it. MS45 is definitely an upgrade over MS43 - you get better OBD diagnostics, and wideband O2 sensors from the factory. :)
          Do you guys have a site or should I PM ya?

NVM just read your signature 😂
          Last edited by CavemanGB; 02-06-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

What about the wiring? I'm in the same situation and no one seems to make an adapter harness for the MS45.

Comment

Working...
            X