Swap N52B30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap N52B30

hi everyone first thanks hoveringuy for helping me with CAD to the oil pan I agree with my project e30 year model 1989 want to put N52B30 E60 engine with automatic transmission now thought to check with you if anyone has done with the gearbox and the question is if it fits or not and I know not how to remove ews on MSV70

Comment

Not sure about the physical dimensions + driveshaft issues with the auto but you will need a separate transmission computer (e.g. cantcu) to make it work. If you're sticking with the auto, I'd play around with the idea of swapping in a 8HP45/8HP70 (ZF 8-spd) because why not

Comment

Beautiful work! The CAD was meant for the bend radius of steel but I guess it works for aluminum, too. Nice!

You'll find the bottom of the pan is even with, or above, the bottom of the steering rack and probably has more clearance than the stock M20 pan. I want one in aluminum now!

Comment

Glad to see my oil idea for the oil pickup adapter inspired someone. I'm considering reaching out to bimmerlabs for the ECU, see if they have the capability. I'd love to have Nando do it but he's really hard to get a hold of.

Comment

hello everyone, I need help with the gearbox, I wanted an automatic gearbox, but it doesn't work, I have to buy a manual one and I checked a little quickly, there are many different types and I don't know exactly which one fits and which one I prefer between ZF and Gatrag, does anyone have experience who can help me thanks

Comment

There was just a thread on this. https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...-trans-options

Comment

Working...
              X