15x7 ET35 OG Sans
    195/55/15 Michelin snow tires
    ECS 10mm spacers w/ extended lugs
    OEM 45mm centercap stickers

www.instagram.com/snwmble
    #snwmble

Current:
    '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
    '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
    '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
    '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
    '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
    '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
    '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
    '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

I like your winter setup!
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
        I like your winter setup!
        thanks man! For the money, they are decent wheels.....had to run the spacers tho, to clear the front brakes. The design of the wheel had the spokes just touching the caliper.
        www.instagram.com/snwmble
        #snwmble

Current:
        '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
        '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
        '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
        '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
        '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
        '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
        '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
        '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Wondering if I 16x7 eta20 with 215/55/16 fit on a IX with stock suspension? If not what tire would work? I'm whiling to go a little trimming and fender rolling.

Thanks

Comment

Way too tall, and the offset is too low. Even a 205/50 will rub with stock suspension at et20. Even with trimming, there's little hope of making them fit properly. The max for a 7" wheel is about et25, and that barely clears with stock size tires and rear fender trimming & rolling.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Would a 205/45/16 work? Or is that way incorrect?

Comment

At ET20 it will still probably rub.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Here's my ix, 16x7.5 et 35 with out flares my fronts a flush but the back needs to come out about 10-15mm to match the front. Everything clears and never rubs.

I'm trying to get a set of style 5's to fit there 17x8 et20. The back fits perfect but the fronts hit the calipers and sticks out past the fender a little bit so there's not really even room for spacers. With some customization i believe it can work though.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

a 17x8 ET20 is never going to fit without way undersized tires and copious amounts of rubbing. even a 7.5" wheel, ET20 doesn't really work. what you have there with 16x7.5 and ET35 is pretty much perfect!
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      a 17x8 ET20 is never going to fit without way undersized tires and copious amounts of rubbing. even a 7.5" wheel, ET20 doesn't really work. what you have there with 16x7.5 and ET35 is pretty much perfect!

They can fit but I'll need to extend my frares at least a 1/2". Not to hard to do but I just don't feal the painting half the car again right now haha.
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

How about a 15x8 eta 20? Would there be a good tire size that would fit with out looking odd? Or does the diameter not matter since the et is the same and it's even wider?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Et20 isnt going to work. I mean it can with goofy rubber band tires, but the ix is really the wrong car for that.

For an 8, et30 or et33 would work pretty well.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                            Here's my ix, 16x7.5 et 35 with out flares my fronts a flush but the back needs to come out about 10-15mm to match the front. Everything clears and never rubs.

I'm trying to get a set of style 5's to fit there 17x8 et20. The back fits perfect but the fronts hit the calipers and sticks out past the fender a little bit so there's not really even room for spacers. With some customization i believe it can work though.

This is perfect. What's the suspension set up?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                            1988 M6 - The real project.
                            1993 325i Vert - Project/Weekender
                            2013 ATS 2.0T - DD
                            1997 740i - sold
                            1987 325is Turbo -sold
                            1991 325ix - Sold
                            1990 m50 325is - sold
                            1987 535is - sold

Comment

Originally posted by mcgillaguddy View Post
                              This is perfect. What's the suspension set up?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I have Ground control coil overs, fronts are 375lbs and rears are 550lbs. I would suggest to go heavier in the fronts though, maybe 450lbs or something. I've put around 10k miles on them and haven't ripped any cv boots yet! It's a stiff ride but I'm young and dumb so I enjoy it haha.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Im curious, if I used something like a 225/45 on my front 8", what tire size should I be using in the rear 9", to maintain the mandatory rolling diameter without stretching out the rear? Im not absolutely set on this sizing yet, dont get me wrong, this is for my "showey" wheel application. Ive already got my winter setup, track wheels, and even a set of travel wheels already sitting and waiting.. but I need to figure out this show season set. .. I want to know how to calculate the sizing when I finally reach an optimal size for the fronts to fit and match the rears as ill be installing based on my eye more or less. . Ill be doing bodywork to compensate any future rubbing so my only clearance concerns are with the factory shock/struts and spring perch in hopes a 5mm spacer at most will resolve any of that....

Comment

Working...
                                X