Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with wheels for the 325ix

hello,

i'm kinda new here so let me take off with e litle introduction, i'm brecht, come from belgium, and driva an 1988 325 ix :) so now i want to buy some wheels for it, considering brock B2 17 inch, but i hear you have to be sure the ET valeu of the wheel is correct? are they wright? or is that a myth? i'll post some other isseus and stuff soon, :)

kind regards, brecht

Hello Brecht,

I'm not sure what you mean by ET value, but if you are referring to the wheel offset, yes it does matter on the iX vs. the non iX e30s. I don't think wheels that have a deep dish would be a good fit for the iX. If you look at the stock 15 inch basketweaves on the iX, you can see that they don't have as much dish as the stock 14 inch basketweaves found on rear wheel drive E30s. Hope this makes some sense. I don't have exact numbers for the correct offset, so maybe someone else can help, or ask a good wheel and tire shop to help you.

Comment

theres a whole thread about this already, gives a pretty good speculation of what the lowest offset you can fit, 20 is the lowest I know of that will fit. Stock et is 41mm so theres a good amount of wheels you can fit on the ix. Alpinas look the best, imo.

Comment

what offset you can fit is entirely dependent on how wide the rim is.

euroweaves fit. and they are 15x7 et24. its pretty hellaflush though.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

tell me a wheel width, offset and potential tire size, I have a good idea of what does and doesn't fit the ix. :)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ronal's

so will my Ronal Turbo's 7J 15H2 ET28 fit ?,&with what tires? i have some 195/60 15 cooper snow tire takeoffs i could try with them i guess. just wondering
            Angus
            88 E30M3 X2
            89 325IX
            92 R100GS/PD
            :)

Comment

Your turbos will fit just fine. Here are mine, same offset as yours

I have 195/55/15 on mine right now, but you can run up to 205/65/15 if you want to.
              Tri color fabric for sale here!
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=105922

Comment

ok thanks ,are they hub centric or do you need spacers

i like how they look on the car too,may have to find some summer tires for them

edit 1/7/2012
                tried my ronals on the IX today and they are hub centric already and the same offset ET28 as my Centra wheels so im happy ,do need to be straightened though
                Last edited by spdracrm3; 01-07-2012, 10:54 PM.
                Angus
                88 E30M3 X2
                89 325IX
                92 R100GS/PD
                :)

Comment

They do need hub rings to fit on your car. There is a guy on ebay who sells them for like 20 bucks a set

Comment

you dont need hub rings...

the only thing they do is make it easier to put your wheels on.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by spdracrm3 View Post
                      so will my Ronal Turbo's 7J 15H2 ET28 fit ?,&with what tires? i have some 195/60 15 cooper snow tire takeoffs i could try with them i guess. just wondering
                      Yes, easily. A stock size tire will work -205/55-15
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        you dont need hub rings...

the only thing they do is make it easier to put your wheels on.

Not true. When you dont have the hub rings your wheels shake like hell at higher speeds.

Ours cars are hub-centric, so the hub centers the wheel on the hubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik j View Post
                          Not true. When you dont have the hub rings your wheels shake like hell at higher speeds.

Ours cars are hub-centric, so the hub centers the wheel on the hubs.
                          nah. they only center the wheels, but you can torque the wheels in the air. never had vibration issues with non-hubcentric wheels this way.

but they are cheap, so whatever you want to do..
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Here is a picture for enkie92 15x7 with g-force 225/50/15

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                              tell me a wheel width, offset and potential tire size, I have a good idea of what does and doesn't fit the ix. :)
                              16x7.5" ET 35 with some 205 tyres?

Comment

Working...
                              X