No announcement yet.

New set has arrived! Front shaft uppgrade *Finland-Fix*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i made Fedex account today.. all i need is buyers Country, First and Last name, Address, City, State, ZIP and phone number with Ext?
    Also found on Facebook - Juuso Tero, Tampere
    https://www.facebook.com/JuusosGarage

Comment

in for one whenever my shaft decides to shit the bed.

Comment

drive shaft upgrade

I just bought one and it's in the mail . Joe

Comment

how far does this extend the splines into the diff?
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

drive shafts

If your car is worth keeping on the road ,Read from the start about why this is needed. If you want to wait for the failure of the front splines,than you might have waited too long. Again read up about the weak link in the Ix cars. Joe
            Last edited by Bmjpv; 06-03-2013, 06:57 PM.

Comment

there is about 60mm long splines in transfer case and with this mod you'll have 51mm long splines in shaft. its way more better than 18mm long touching area in factory one. also this one has grease plug to make maintenance easier

Comment

im ready to buy one before theyre all gone, and you decide to stop making them. my shaft is fine for now, but i know in the future this is something i will be kicking myself not to have bought. im just curious about being able to use them with the thicker flexdisc "upgrade"... is it at all possible to still use these features..?

Comment

Yes it is possible. you just make your driveshaft different lenght than it should be then

Originally posted by jute91
                  Originally posted by Bmjpv
                  I got the drive shaft part yeaterday. Question, Does the shaft you sent need to recut/sized to fit into the old drive shaft cutoff end ? what is the material you machined down called ,rockwell value ?? All looks good , Thanks , Joe
                  I cutted old shaft head off and made shoulder to new one so it suppose to be pressed into pipe. i measured my pipe inner diameter and made new shaft 0.05-0.1mm bigger so it will stay on same position. shoulder is suppose to support while welding it.
                  Material is Imacro M and its made by Ovako steel.
                  Its allready quenched and tempered but its still weldable better than T4140. preheating is not so nessessery. I think i posted its hardess and welding equipment to the thread

Comment

Latest update

welded front drive shaft together

Should work well

Comment

Are these still FS?
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Build Thread
                      Rear Diff Rebuild
                      Rebuildable Viscous Coupling
                      Transfer Case Rebuild
                      "Life is simpler with 12 valves"

Comment

Nice welding.
                        The splines are full depth, right? They go into the sprocket and engage all of the sprocket's splines.

Can you make a part with just a flange instead of the driveshaft?

Also, instead of the center being drilled for grease delivery, can you drill and tap for a 12mm bolt from the end?

Would you be willing to sell me just the part you made, without a driveshaft?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                          Nice welding.
                          The splines are full depth, right? They go into the sprocket and engage all of the sprocket's splines.

Can you make a part with just a flange instead of the driveshaft?

Also, instead of the center being drilled for grease delivery, can you drill and tap for a 12mm bolt from the end?

Would you be willing to sell me just the part you made, without a driveshaft?
                          You should have read this thread before speaking. the part IS just the "flange" WITHOUT the driveshaft just like your asking. also if your considering using a 12mm bolt to have adapted this to your driveshaft so you can avoid having to weld it.., well.. thats just plain idiotic.. that little thing will snap under the slightest circumstance, or will unthread itself while driving in reverse.. as said.. its best to read things throughly before jumping the gun on your questions.

Comment

You should have looked up the definition of flange before you responded

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by imwhyteyo View Post
                              You should have read this thread before speaking. the part IS just the "flange" WITHOUT the driveshaft just like your asking. also if your considering using a 12mm bolt to have adapted this to your driveshaft so you can avoid having to weld it.., well.. thats just plain idiotic.. that little thing will snap under the slightest circumstance, or will unthread itself while driving in reverse.. as said.. its best to read things throughly before jumping the gun on your questions.
                              Quoting for full retard.

He obviously wants to weld flanges to the shaft end and the old driveshaft to avoid welding, definitely not because he'd like to be able to remove the driveshaft without dropping the tcase or front diff.

But yes, he just sells the splined end, not the whole shaft.
                              Originally posted by priapism
                              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                              Originally posted by shameson
                              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                                Quoting for full retard.

He obviously wants to weld flanges to the shaft end and the old driveshaft to avoid welding, definitely not because he'd like to be able to remove the driveshaft without dropping the tcase or front diff.

But yes, he just sells the splined end, not the whole shaft.
                                Thanks.
                                I'm looking at a 24V swap using the E53 X5 oil pan and front diff. That setup moves the diff some amount (3-4" at a guess) to the left relative to the E30 oil pan. I'll need to build a u-jointed driveshaft, which means I'll need a fixed output flange at the T-case.
                                Last edited by The Dark Side of Will; 07-27-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X