Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 325IX Owner...here's a list of things I'll be doing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You dont really need camber plates for h&r springs on an ix, it doesnt gain much camber. -2.5 isnt that bad, imo. Just dont go crazy with the toe settings and tire wear should be fine.

I don't think the gc plates work with anything but coilovers anyway, and they also increase stack height.

If you really want to reduce camber, there are factory camber reduction mounts, but they aren't cheap.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Hey Chris - yea, I have toe in set to 0.1 overall - unless less woulda been best?

I was thinking if I really wanted to take it out, I'd get my buddies welder and try to fab something up myself - taking a half to a full degree out wouldn't need to move it much.

IE also makes some cheaper plates that only move it a bit - but I'm guessing these wouldn't work for the IX?

Oh, update on humming. I pulled all the studs out of my tires. Surprisingly there is less noise. So, I guess both tires were noisy. lol But, I do think one of my rear bearings is going south - not a big deal tho!
      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Correct me if I"m wrong, but isn't stock camber for a 325i about -1 degrees front, and -2 degrees rear? I don't know how an ix would be different, but as long as you aren't our of spec in the toe department your tires should be just fine.

In any case, if you DO end of wearing the inside of your front tires more simply because of camber, it means you need to start driving harder ;-)
        -------------------------------------------------
        1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
        2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

Working...
        X