This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonea View Post
    So while looking for someone to rebuild my front CV's I found this place.

They say they'll do custom axles. I'm sure its not cheap, but its an option.
    CVJ is awesome, they were super helpful when I needed to replace my front CVs and the cost was much less than expected even before the core refund when I sent back my originals.
    I'm confident in their work and have only heard positive feedback about them.

Comment

So much did it cost?
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        So much did it cost?
        I asked them how much they charge and this is their response.

Hi Stone,

I assume these are front axles.

We can remanufacture your axles if you send them to us.

CVJ Remanufactured CV Axle part number 1900 Driver side; 1901 Passenger side.
        Your cost is $189.00 each. Plus freight (UPS ground) which is about $46.00 or less for two in the US - it varies by zip code.

We completely remanufacture your axles using OEM parts where it counts, and only top quality aftermarket parts for the rest and neoprene boots.
        You get OEM steel and design where it counts at a much better price than new, with CVJ reliability.

The axles have a limited lifetime warranty. When used for offroad or performance we cannot warrant the axles.

How did you hear about us?
        Thanks for your inquiry, I hope we can be of service to you.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I'm going to do mine soon. Both of my sets are worn out - actually I raised up my ix a little bit, and it made it worse lol. I haven't driven it lately because I don't want one of the joints to explode..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Buy this :)
            $4-5000

E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
            E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
            E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Ohh that looks really nice.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

anyone interested in any measurements on this oil pan?

12 X5 N55B30

Comment

I have one. the center of the differential is like 6" too far forward. It also has the differential shifted further towards the drivers side like all BMW AWD systems since the E46 (this is an issue for steering rack clearance).

you could do it but you would have to modify the firewall and transmission tunnel to push the engine back, and you'd also have to use an Xdrive transfercase, transmission, and ABS system.

Probably a lot easier to just turbo the M20..

BTW, if you're parting that out I could use the oil level sensor :p
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

hAH! Yeah I'm not doing a swap. Maybe some day but not a N55. The oil pan is from a job that we just did. Engine had 59k on it and was totally seized. Had to drop the entire drivetrain because torque converter bolts were impossible to get to without being able to rotate the crank. Had to actually take the bearing caps off.

I am parting it out..I have a bunch of there stuff too. Make me an offer, its just sitting in back waiting for the scrap guy to pay me for it.

Comment

Do the SUV's and Xi/X-drive cars use the same pan on the N series engines?

Comment

I dont know but none of them have the diff far enough back to fit the E30.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Well the oil pan I took a pic of us from an x5. I'll take a pic of a 3 series next time we see one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one, looks the same..
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Lots of newer xdrive components fit between different models, same front diff is used on 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, x3 and x4 for example.
                              Same oil pan on ex 5, 6, 7 35xd and 45xd and i even think a x6m front diff fits on a 520xd pan.
                              E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                              E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                              E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Im wondering if anyone ever compared E46 xi spindles to E34/E30 hubs, are there major problems with using E46 spindles and struts on a E30/E34? It would seem that if it fits, it would make it a lot more serviceable, at least cheaper shocks, CV axles(if anyone fits) and brake components.
                                Last edited by Sebbe; 06-10-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X