My dream iX ^_^ turbo DD to come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Titan_Omega View Post
    well today i installed a M3 harness cover on the ix. Looks great.
    Aww yeah, getting the important stuff done first. I like it. Priorities.

Comment

I had a spare one laying around from my other car. So I figured screw it and threw it on. Tomorrow I'm going to clean up the engine bay it's messy.
      Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

So I was looking at the motronic that I have and my ix has the 351 motronic. I also have a 525 red lable motronic ( no it didn't come out of a 525. That's the last 3 did gets on the motronic). If I decided to switch them for some reason would it do any damage or make the car run wierd? Please don't say throw it in and try it cause the motor I'd being build right now and I can't do that.

sigpic

Comment

No. They are the same hardware.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

alright sweet .

SO i have spent the past 4 hrs cleaning my engine bay.........the only thing that sucks about having a white car is it is a bitch to clean cause if you miss one spot its like HELLO IM RIGHT HERE LOOK AT ME!!!!!! But the engine bay is getting cleaned. Under the ABS unit was the dirtiest part, holy crap that spot is a dirt magnet.

sigpic

Comment

Let me know if you figure out a decent way to clean that, cause mine is a dirty hooker under there.

Comment

I have been doing it by hand with a rag and water ......if i had a tooth brush it would helped a lot. I also removed about everything in the engine bay to get EVERYWHERE i could.

sigpic

Comment

So today the previous owner found a spare basket weave and rear driveshaft for the car along with the engine main caps. So I'm now that much closer to getting the car on the road so soon the block and head will be off to the machine shop for clearance checks Clea in and decking.

sigpic

Comment

Take pics! It makes the story better.... :)
                    My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Lol I'll post pics as soon as I can.

sigpic

Comment

so i got a few things and i am now able to post the pics

Rear driveshaft

The wheel

.......god damn i need to clean that wheel storage bay.

And the rear bumper is trashed i need a new one. Also if you look above the bumper idk who did the work but it looks atrocious. So I need to figure out how to remove that and do it right.

And idk if my ix was stock with plastic bumpers or this was just damaged. If you can give me some insight as to weather the 89 ix got the plastic bumpers or was standard metal.

sigpic

Comment

88's got metal bumpers and only coupes. 89 and later were all plastic bumpers.

Comment

sweet thanks.

So I have been cleaning the car more and i installed a rear view mirror with lights. Unfortunatly the light harness was not there so i need to figure out how to get a wire ran to the rear view mirror. But here is what i have been up to.

the rear view mirror

Passenger side engine bay i used an acid that will not harm my paint to clean it further and as you can see i need to do some serious touch up work and im still not done. I may throw down some dynamat where the paint has pealed. I think it may have pealed because of the exhaust.

My valance damage

I also separated the front subframe to clean it

sigpic

Comment

I am also considering pulling off my rear subframe and cleaning it and painting it.

And i think i need to clean that rear view mirror better that looks horrid.

I also rebuilt the whole top end so its all put back together now i just need the bearings and the gaskets and arp bolts and i have a running motor again.
                              Last edited by Bimmer_man; 05-13-2014, 12:41 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the purchase, you've got a hell of a steal with this iX. I'll be keeping my eye out on your restoration project.
                                1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
                                2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
                                1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Working...
                                X