just bought my first e30 ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just bought my first e30 ix

So two weeks ago i came across a post on craigslist for a 1989 bmw 325ix for 800 bucks. I went to check out the car and the thermostat housing is shot so he tells me take it home now for 400 cash! Cosmetically the car is decent but, it does have a strong vibration when in gear so i will have to try to resolve that soon. the previous owner said he believes its the drive shaft so ill start there. Anyways here is my new e30 ix.
    Attached Files

Nice score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

crap!!! what a good deal!
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Nice, that's a good deal for any running car and even more so for an e30.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

very nice!

If that's an auto, you did very well. If it's a 5-speed, go get yourself a Powerball ticket cause that kind of luck is rare indeed.

The E30 collection:
          1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
          1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
          1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
          1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
          1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
          1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
          1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
          2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
          2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Holy crap, definitely a nice score!
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

thanks i am very excited to start my IX journey. It does have an automatic transmission but since i got it for so cheap i didn't mind it at all. As of now im having horrible vibrations driving at 35mph so i have began to read read read since the vibration can honestly be caused by almost anything but first thought is the drive shaft! Tomorrow i will perform the jack test and hope it passes. ill post up updates soon with more pictures. thank everyone for the cool welcoming.

Comment

my vote is driveshaft, go order one from turner or bavauto, replaceable u-joints ftw

Comment

thanks for the heads up on where to get them. i was starting to get worried that the price was going to be something ridiculous since that seems to be the story from others about the ix. tuner has the drive shaft for 500 and 100 core charge after you ship back yours, so im going to be doing that very soon. tomorrow i will try the jack test and post a link to the video, hope this thing passes!

Comment

You can pull the rear u joint off and check it instead of just jumping the gun. I only say this because if it happens to be something else then you would have 400 bucks towards it. And there's not to much to go wrong with the driveshaft besides the u joint, I'd be more focused on the 3 guibos that the ix has.

On the other hand awesome find and good luck with the car!
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by Erikvarela88 View Post
                      So two weeks ago i came across a post on craigslist for a 1989 bmw 325ix for 800 bucks. I went to check out the car and the thermostat housing is shot so he tells me take it home now for 400 cash! Cosmetically the car is decent but, it does have a strong vibration when in gear so i will have to try to resolve that soon. the previous owner said he believes its the drive shaft so ill start there. Anyways here is my new e30 ix.
                      Awesome pickup for only $400!

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                        You can pull the rear u joint off and check it instead of just jumping the gun. I only say this because if it happens to be something else then you would have 400 bucks towards it. And there's not to much to go wrong with the driveshaft besides the u joint, I'd be more focused on the 3 guibos that the ix has.
                        Sage advice. Diagnose first! A $50 guibo beats a $400 driveshaft every time.

The E30 collection:
                        1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
                        1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
                        1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
                        1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
                        1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
                        1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
                        1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
                        2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
                        2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

I had my friend come over earlier today to check the driveshaft. the driveshaft is bad as it has way too much play. more bad news, we did the jack test and the car failed!so now i have to decide if im going to fix the vc or just start looking for a 5 speed swap instead. ill be ordering the driveshaft soon either way.

Comment

I dont think the car failing the jack test if you are just going to use it as a driver is a huge issue.
                            the driveshaft however is.

Comment

congrats!! i wish someone around my neck of the woods was crazy enough to sell their car for that cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X