• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&Rs are pretty soft though.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nando is right. The whole idea of the stock strut mount is that the upper bearing is completely isolated in rubber. They do a great job at absorbing vibration and noise.
      Solid FCAB's and camber/caster plates are definitely not luxury upgrade items. The plates are just a block of aluminum with a spherical bearing in them. They are strictly performance modification that take away from the ride quality of your car. Even if you are using stock or close to stock spring rates such as H&R.
      I daily drive a van. #1 because I hate speeding tickets. And #2 because I can jump curbs and laugh about it. But then again, I kinda question your judgement if you bought an E30 because you were looking for the ride quality of a Cadillac or Mercedes. These are drivers cars! I want the wheel to twitch every time I run over a bug on the road!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Bilstein Coil Springs

Does anybody have experience with using the Bilstein front coil springs. I have seen them advertised new on eBay for <$80/pr.

My front coil spings are broken, so I need to replace them. Is it possible to replace the springs without removing the entire strut tube assembly from the car.

On the 2002's it was possible to swing the strut outward away from the fender well without removing the strut aseembly, thereby allowing you to use spring compressors with the strut in place. Wishful thinking on the iX?

Thx!
        JB
        Massachusetts
        '85 323i Baur

Comment

Working...
        X