Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best price for new OEM Auto iX transfer case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best price for new OEM Auto iX transfer case?

I am buying a new transfer case from Germany today BMW direct parts is the cheapest I've found. Does anyone know of any other sites that may be able to save me a few bucks? Thanks!

Why not just buy new internals and have a shop rebuild your transfer case for you? I'm sure it's alot cheaper.
    The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

Give guten parts a call, that's were i got my rebuilt transfer case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

The cost of the chain ($800) and VC is ($550ish) is already a significant amount of cash. I am keeping the car long term and find it more cost effective to bite the bullet and snag one of the few complete units that BMW has left.

Do you know how much you paid? Was it new?

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
        Give guten parts a call, that's were i got my rebuilt transfer case.

Comment

It was rebuilt, I think it was around 1200, new chain, VC, resealed.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Yes Guten Parts will rebuild it with all new internals. Only pieces that are re-used are the case halves. I imagine $1200 is significantly cheaper than an entire unit brand new from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            The best one-stop shopping for German car parts and lifestyle: http://www.gutenparts.com/

Comment

I called Guten Parts earlier today and they said that the VC isnt even available for order anymore..they bought the last three VC that BMW had and that they no longer are available for purchase. I had Turner confirm that they have a complete transfer case in stock. BMWDirectParts is who I am going with. Victor has always been awesome to work with. He was able to confirm that they have 6 ix auto transfer cases in stock in Germany as well as the VC in stock still for about $550. The auto t-case out the door after core charge is $1701 for a complete unit. The price isnt bad considering that these are becoming more scarce to come by in good condition.

QUOTE=berlow94;4715995]Yes Guten Parts will rebuild it with all new internals. Only pieces that are re-used are the case halves. I imagine $1200 is significantly cheaper than an entire unit brand new from the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

I got mine for $900 :D

But yeah, i agree its better to just buy a rebuilt one - the chain alone is extremely expensive, and you still have all the other used parts. The full case ends up costing less than buying it all seperately.

No way guten can rebuild it with all new parts for $1200. The chain and VC alone cost more than that.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  I got mine for $900 :D

But yeah, i agree its better to just buy a rebuilt one - the chain alone is extremely expensive, and you still have all the other used parts. The full case ends up costing less than buying it all seperately.

No way guten can rebuild it with all new parts for $1200. The chain and VC alone cost more than that.

When they were available, they did.
                  I bought one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How big of a PITA is swapping out the transfer case? How many hours of work would you say it would take to get it out and the new one back in? I have a euro indy shop that does major work on my 335i like turbos, inlets, etc... he quoted me $650 in labor to swap in the new TC

The main issue that I have read on the forums is gaining access to the bolts to the TC to Trans is a pain. especially on the auto because it has more bots than the manual TC.

Comment

$650 in labor is about right. It's essentially the same amount of work as dropping the transmission.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                        $650 in labor is about right. It's essentially the same amount of work as dropping the transmission.
                        And the internals are not that complicated.

Comment

Working...
                        X